Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have all day sync enabled for my versa, but every time I open the weather app it tells me to sync the Versa with my phone. Shouldn’t it be automatically syncing since I have all day sync enabled? Thanks.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

B9116E31-E940-461F-B329-E2AD83FB7DAF.jpeg

Here’s a picture of what I’m talking about. I don’t want to have to pull out my phone every time I want to check the weather. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Best Answer

It should pick the info automatically. However, if your phone doesn’t have an internet connection then it might not be aable to get the required update.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

It should pick the info automatically. However, if your phone doesn’t have an internet connection then it might not be aable to get the required update.

My phone has an internet connection and is connected to the Versa. It looks like it’s just refusing to automatically sync 😞

Best Answer

@John9876 Thanks for letting us know about your experience. To help ensure that the weather app continues to show the current weather info on Versa, please also consider the following: 

1. Confirm that you have Background App Refresh toggled on in your phone settings for the Fitbit app to ensure the app is running/processing jobs like syncing in the background
  2. Confirm that you've enabled All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app settings. This will allow the app to sync automatically without having to open up or force sync the appImage-1-3.jpgImage-1-4.jpg

A few more troubleshooting tips you can try is restarting your Versa and your phone to see if that helps. They are basic steps, I know, but I've found they've resolved some weird issues for me in the past. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your phone have to be 30 feet away?

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sarah_lin8 Apologies for the delay. In order to receive updated data, you should have your phone close to you, preferably within 30 feet from your Versa watch.

Best Answer

Go to your Fitbit app settings under your phone settings, and set your location services to “always.” It won’t work if it is only turned on while using the app. 

Best Answer

I did this, still cannot make weather app work. It used to work.

Best Answer

Mine doesn't work either frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another thing to do is enable always connected option within Fitbit mobile app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this is for a windows phone issue but

I had this issue after I seemed to download a clock face which enabled you to make your own face.

Not sure if that caused the problem, but anyhow, after much trying to reset fitbit, restart phone, check all the settings, and trying to sync the weather section like it was said to do.

I ended up uninstalling the fitbit app from my windows phone and then when I reinstalled it the prompt asked if they could have my location. I said yes, and then it worked fine.

Hopefully it will continue to update as the weather is a must for me!

Best Answer

I also have a windows phone and at first the weather work fine on my versa but now it just shows the same message to sync app on my phone. I will give it a try to your advice but nothing else seams to fix this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, i just checked and there was no reading again.
I opened weather app on Fitbit watch and synced with the phone.
It is now working again.
I kept checking yesterday and weather was updating as the day proceeded.
Not sure why reading stopped, but quick sync and it's working again.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn't it drain the battery of the iphone?

Best Answer

I have been testing it for a few days.

I found that if the readings were were missing and I went into the app and reinput the city it would sunc. But then it would lose it again 1x a day it seems

Then I deleted the city and am working from current location only on app and it has held the weather info so far. It has been a day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure u have the AccuWeather app installed on you device....I have been spending the last few yours trying all the troubleshooting ideas...then I got an idea and downloaded the app and poof it worked!!!

Best Answer

Thank you!  I'm trying that now.  It never occurred to me that I might need the app on my phone too!  Have a good day!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

got exactly the same problem after the last update of my Versa. so annoying.

Best Answer

I tried these steps on my iPhone and now my Weather app works on my watch, thank you 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes