Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whos Watch has become bricked after the New Year?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 3: 
No issues with the device, worked perfectly on 1/1/24.  As of 11:45am Central time on 1/2/24 my device is bricked.  I come up with a Fitbit Logo only.  Unable to restart unable to reset.  

Fitbit has stated that this is normal and just happens.  Yet I was told there was an update to the Sense 2 and Versa 4 on 1/2/24.  Seems odd, but whatever.  The person on the phone stated that there were no issues with the Versa 3 only with the Sense 2 and Versa 4.  My question to the community is as follows:

If you have a device that recently has been bricked:
1.  What device do you have
2.  What date did you notice it happened
3.  What are you seeing on your device.  

Currently I'm being told that this is just something normal that happens to all Fitbit devices and that it's just a coincidence that it happened the same day.  Yet I see a lot of others having the same issue right around the same day too.  I was told by the first rep I spoke with on 1/2/24 that there were 2 errors with the device.  At the time I didn't ask what those errors were *wish I would have* but today I'm told there are no errors on the device.  That it just happens.  

Sounds sketchy and I'd like some answers here.  Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

So an update to this situation. Take this was a grain of salt as this is the first time I’m hearing of this. Apparently the last representative said there was an update to the verse three on 2 January that caused these issues. I have not received anything about this. And will continue to try and figure out what’s going on but apparently from the last representative, there was an update on the second and that’s the cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just gonna leave this here so that everybody can see it and hopefully Fitbit sees this.

I’m done with Fitbit. What are your best Smart watches or fitness trackers that you would recommend.

my Fitbit bricked on 2 January. There have been other people on this forms with the same issues. Fitbit chooses not to help understand what went on. Instead, they have offered a 35% discount on another product. My question is why would I go back to Fitbit if they’re just going to break my watch whenever they want to. 

so my question is to anybody that is still looking at this. What smart watches or other fitness devices would y’all recommend. Because I’m not coming back to this shady tactics ever again

Best Answer
0 Votes