Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect fitbit versa lite to fitbit OS simulator

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i am trying to figure out how to connect my fitbit versa lite to the Fitbit OS simulator so i can make a clockface for it, how do i do so?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Wadetata  - it works the other way round; From Fitbit Studio, where you make your watch face, you can install it on the OS Simulator or on the watch.

To see the watch in Fitbit Studio, enable the developer bridge in the watch Settings. But note it uses WiFi so you will have to be within WiFi range and in order to preserve the battery that will only work when the battery is above 25%.

WiFi uses the battery quite heavily so don't forget to disable the developer bridge once the transfer is complete.

Also note that you can't transfer Clocks which have the same UUID as a clock face loaded via the Gallery or private link. Use a different package.json.

So a possible alternate solution to the transfer to a watch is to create an App in the Gallery Application Manager and to load your built clock face into the App, then open the private link [where it says Link] in your phone's browser, click the OPEN APP which will install it via the Gallery in the Fitbit App, that way you don't need the developer bridge and can install when the battery is below 25%.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok thanks, when i went into the settings, the developer bridge wasn't there, and how do I connect my versa lite to the wi-fi?

Best Answer

edit: i reread and realized i dont need to know how to connect to the wi-fi

Best Answer