24hr/ 12hr time format on Ace series

I would like to be able to display time in 24h format on my son's Ace. It does not seem possible. With other fitbit trackers this is done via the web portal but the Ace does not appear on the web portal.

Please consider implementing this, it is a basic but super important feature.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

45 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

aexp0rt
First Steps

Agree, 24 hour clock on Fitbit Ace would be really beneficial.  My daughter has only had it a day and suggested it within the first hour.  

Also would be useful on all ranges to be able to change the time format between 12 and 24 hour via the actual Fitbit or the app not the web, don't really understand why this isn't available by default.

EnglishRose28
First Steps

24 hour clock feature for Fitbit ace. Kids need to learn to use and many can already use 24 hour clock. 

12 hour would be okay if wasn’t displayed in 4 digits but 07:41 at 7pm is confusing to kids who have learning that means am. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone! 

Let's see what other users think.

doristef87
Jogger

We need this, this is literally the first thing we tried to change when my son got his ACE

SgtWilko
Jogger

Like others here, my daughter enquired about changing the date format within minutes of putting on the Ace.

Seeing as most of Europe (including the UK) use the 24h clock by default, this seems like a sensible option to finally add to the Fitbit app.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

bigfredi
First Steps

For some reason, a decision has been made by Fitbit that customers must use a 12h time format for their kids' Ace devices, by disallowing the ability of the parents to change that behaviour (It's anti-intuitive enough for the adult models, but for Ace's is simply not possible).

I understand this is a common preference in the US, but as well as other areas of this product, it should include support for the rest of the world where the preference is standard unequivocal metric systems.

As such, I find quite discouraging the treatment received by some previous suggestions:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/24h-time-format-on-Ace/idi-p/2848130

Which rather than treated as a "ups, sorry, we forgot about that", it has been pretty much ignored and closed like if that wasn't a problem. I strongly doubt that any piece of in Fitbit infrastructure works in any other than 24 hours format, but not good enough for our kids even in countries where that is the standard time showing format?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bigfredi, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit Ace. Thanks for mentioning that you already checked this feature suggestion. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. I've merge both suggestion for categorization purposes. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

MBroom
First Steps

As this is a child’s watch I am astonished as to how incorrect it all is. It only allows the 12hr clock which would be ok but the afternoon time shows as 06:00 instead of 6:00 which will not really teach a child to write the time correctly. The analogue clock is too small to see when on the watch. 

I was keen for my daughter to have the date on her watch. Unfortunately the date shows in an American format with no where to change it. To days date therefore showed as the 9th December not as the 12th September. Confusing for an 8yr old. More flexibility is required. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MBroom, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of having the 24 hour format available with the Fitbit Ace series, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Regarding the other suggestion about changing the date format on your device, you can also vote for this idea: 

adr26
First Steps

I would like to be able to display time in 24h format on my daughter's Ace 2: this appears to work only if her Ace 2 is directly linked with my fitbit account - if the Ace 2 is linked with her child account instead (switched to child view in the app), then the clock face reverts to 12h format.

There is support for picking 12/24h format for a parent account, but no support for picking 12/24h format in the kids view.

Please implement 12/24h selection support for child accounts, it is important that kids can use the time format they are familiar with. This was previously considered for Ace devices but declined - now I (and many others) are buying Ace 2 devices, please add this simple but highly useful feature!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @adr26, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

MRBMom
First Steps

I contacted customer support prior to purchasing an Ace 2 for my son to confirm a 24 hour clock was an option. I was told it was and after buying it and being unable to configure it that way I have learned that isn't possible on this model. I would like to have this feature added as I was told by Fitbit it was available. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MRBMom, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

AC11
Jogger
There should be an option when selecting a clock face, to choose 12 or 24hr time on the Ace 2 settings as opposed to a family setting and having to have them all on the same setting.
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AC11 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of having the 24 hour format available with the Fitbit Ace series, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

EmJaCo
First Steps
My son is learning the 24 hour clock and I am surprised this isn't an option to switch between 12 and 24 hr clock face on the ACE 2?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EmJaCo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see 24 hour time format on Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

remco123
First Steps
It seems that there's no way to change to 24 hour time format when the device is set up to child's account. This should be added.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @remco123. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set the time format to 24 hours for Ace series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

cinek
First Steps
Currently it is not possible to change Ace 2 clock to 24-hour format when it is set up in child account,
as the only place to change clock display time is on the web based platform.
Please add a functionality to sync clock format from the parent's profile.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cinek. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set the 24 hours time format on Ace series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ar398
First Steps
Please make sure we can switch between 24h / 12h clock modes for child accounts.
Either ensure a way to switch from the parent account to the child account in the browser,
or add it to the settings of the mobile app in the child account
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ar398, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see 24h time format on Ace series. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.