24hr/ 12hr time format on Ace series

I would like to be able to display time in 24h format on my son's Ace. It does not seem possible. With other fitbit trackers this is done via the web portal but the Ace does not appear on the web portal.

Please consider implementing this, it is a basic but super important feature.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

45 Comments
chrisallen105
First Steps
a child can not read 24 hr clock
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @chrisallen105. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to choose the time format for Ace series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SofiaZH
Jogger
How can it even be possible that a watch, not a really cheap one either, does not have a 24h clock. We live in sweden. Am and pm does not exist for us. We learn the 24h clock. S9 incredably bad. Should have a warning on it that it can only be in the US 12h format. Crap watch. Should have bought garmin instead.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SofiaZH, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see 24hr/ 12hr time format on Ace series. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Iyxoyxoycohco
First Steps

I would like to see Ace have abilities for 24-hour clock faces. Just like the adult versions get.

Would be an easy item to add.

FruffiFruff
First Steps
We need a way to change the time format for Ace 3 to 24-hour format. Either on the web or in the app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FruffiFruff, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change time on Ace 3 to 24 hour format. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Iyxoyxoycohco, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the 24h time format available on Ace series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Minamakar
Jogger
On my ace 2, i want to change the time to 24 hour in the app for mobile
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Minamakar, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to change the time format of your Ace 2 on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

JeOlBr
First Steps
I would like to be able to switch from 12h to 24h watch on Fitbit Ace 3.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JeOlBr, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to switch from 12h to 24h watch on Fitbit Ace 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Clarapr
First Steps
Have option to change clock in the kids Fitbit ace to 12 hr
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Clarapr, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to change clock in Fitbit Ace to 12 hr. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Huru
Jogger
Could you please let me know if this feature will be implemented or not? This was a huge disappointment the mode cannot be changed from 12h to 24h. I talked to your support and they asked to raise a ticket for this as a feature request.
This is a must for a kid who is learning time and as in Europe we don't teach them for am or pm.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Huru What you're asking is very legitimate, however, inexplicably, Fitbit has already closed the door

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Fitbit needs to re-open the door on this topic.  Most countries use a 24 hour clock.  The US is an outlier.  Fitbit need to look globally.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Huru, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use 24hr time format on Ace 3. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

@LZeeW and @LZeeW thanks for sharing you feedback with us.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

cobravap
First Steps
allow for ability to change over to 24 hour mode instead of being stuck on 12 hour for kids Ace 3
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cobravap, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use 24 hour mode on Ace 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.