Ability To Edit Exercise Start and End time for Android Users

Hi all,

This is a fresh feature suggestion for you to be able to manually edit exercise duration in the mobile app (for example if you forgot to end an exercise) for Android users only. Please note this is released for iOS users whether manually logged exercise or recorded in SmartTrack/exercise mode.

We want to get an accurate idea of how in demand this is for Android users.

Thanks all!

84 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Giampi71, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to edit the start and end time of your exercises on the Android Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We appreciate your feedback about having this feature, and we'll keep tracking this idea over time. Please check our FAQs to learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed.

iulia27
First Steps
I would like to be able to crop the lengths of exercises, manually, when I forget to press finish on the timer after I finish an exercise.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @iulia27, thanks for requesting the option to edit exercise duration if forgot to manually end it. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Onica92
First Steps
Sometimes I forget to end my workout on my FitBit and it can go on for hours. I only able to edit the type of workout but not the duration of the exercise. For example, today it went out for almost two hours and I only did a 35-minute workout. I would like to edit the workout to the proper time and still keep the results at the given time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Onica92, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to edit exercise start and end time for Android users. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

JayMore
First Steps
When an exercise activity is manually started, we should be able to edit the activity's duration.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JayMore, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit the duration of activities manually started on your Fitbit device with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

abelenky
Jogger
I sometimes start an exercise and forget to "End" it when done.
I would like the ability to edit a completed activity to shorten its duration, (keeping the original Start time). I would change the total duration to approximate the actual length when I forgot to "End" the activity.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @abelenky, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to edit exercise duration if forgot to manually end it. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.