Ability To Edit Exercise Start and End time for Android Users

Hi all,

This is a fresh feature suggestion for you to be able to manually edit exercise duration in the mobile app (for example if you forgot to end an exercise) for Android users only. Please note this is released for iOS users whether manually logged exercise or recorded in SmartTrack/exercise mode.

We want to get an accurate idea of how in demand this is for Android users.

Thanks all!

84 Comments
jameses1986
Powerwalker

This is very important to me.  I use my fit  bit to track my work out calories.   When I forget to stop my time it messes with my tracking.

Jamie

Android user

Eyecubed
Jogger

Ridiculous that fitbit cannot infer that the demand to edit exercises would be only something apple users would find useful. This is simply a failure in common sense or a pathetic attempt to divert attention to a new thread and new topic as if we android users haven't been waiting years for the most basic common sense feature. Here's the orginal thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Have-the-Ability-To-Edit-Manually-Logged-Exercis... Do you expect us to believe fitbit assumed that entire thread was apple users!? Fitbit and their ability to apeal to the community is pathetic...So now what, are we to post hundreds of comments for a couple more years before fitbit figures out that android users want the same common sense functionality? UNBELIEVABLE! 

bass452
Walker

I've been waiting 2 and a half years for this feature.  It looks like I am still waiting for the Android version. Smiley Sad

Moderator edit: Format.

Cyaho826
Jogger

My exercise is very based on time and usually I'm in a rush after I do my workouts and 85% of the time I forget to turn my watch off. My time usually runs from 4 hours all the way to 10 hours when most of my workouts are one hour so it would be extremely appreciated if this feature was created and put into place. The ability to adjust exercise time is needed and I have heard / read dozens if not hundreds of comments where people will actually switch from Fitbit to Garmin or some other  exercise watch because this feature is not currently available.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

1) This is NOT a "fresh feature suggestion". This feature was suggested (and demanded!) on another thread (Have the Ability To Edit Manually Logged Exercises), created on November 5, 2014. 

2) After 3 years and a half of that suggestion, it turns out that they only release the feature for iOS users, and force Android users to re-start the request here, as if the idea would have been just recent, as if Android user would have never cared about this (and, probably, to make look this request as "new" and not overdue in whatever internal tracking system). 

3) Although I understand that iOS and Android are two different operative systems and need to be developed separately, that doesn't mean that you have to develop one first and then the other. A serious company providing equipment to user of both systems should have at this point two teams, and features should be developed in parallel. In the end, it's about the FITBIT USER experience, not the iOS or Android user experience. 

This thread, for Android users, is adding insult to injury. I really regret having bought a Fitbit. Worst tech mistake of my life (and I have had some close calls). 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

2 and a half thousend people reacted on the thread to install the edit function into fitbit and now you start a new thread to ask us if we are interested. Why, because you expect less people to react here and have so little votes that you can report back to the staff and say -  there was not enough interest?

aliz95
First Steps

Yes I definitely want it to be available on Android!

This is ridiculous! OF COURSE Android users also want the ability to edit exercise duration. The problem that users have of starting/stopping their exercise tracking late and then not being able to adjust those times is not something only iOS users experience. The original thread, Have the Ability To Edit Manually Logged Exercises, was started ‎11-05-2014 and has over 2,400 votes. Those are NOT all iOS users. to bring this problem over here and call it a "fresh feature suggestion" is inane. Do Android users not deserve the same features as the other OSs? Windows 10 app allows editing exercises, now iOS. Why is it not already on Android developers' in-progress list (it's been far to long for it to still be on the to-do list)? What about all the Android users that over the past 3.5 years voted on the other thread and then unfollowed it because they don't want constant disappointment in the topic updates?

Way to make Android users feel like unvalued customers! 

jessehouwing
Recovery Runner

Pretty interesting to think android users may somehow never have this issue... Unless it's made available in the portal for all users... 

I don't need it too often... 

@LizFitbit wrote:

Hi all,

This is a fresh feature suggestion for you to be able to manually edit exercise duration in the mobile app (for example if you forgot to end an exercise) for Android users only. Please note this is released for iOS users whether manually logged exercise or recorded in SmartTrack/exercise mode.

We want to get an accurate idea of how in demand this is for Android users.

Thanks all!

pcorning
First Steps

Just....wow.   Why would Android users, who have posted hundreds of comments in the other thread, over 3-4 years...suddenly not want this feature?

Yes, I would like this feature.

SaschaC
First Steps

I echo what others have said, this is ridiculous to think we have to essentially start from scratch with this request since we're Android operating system users. Bad business, FitBit! Can't you AT LEAST make this an option on the web interface so ALL USERS, regardless of phone OS, can make these edits?!?

dscush
First Steps

"We want to get an accurate idea of how in demand this is for Android users."

You already have that from the existing feature request!!! Why are we starting over with a new feature request when the original one was not OS-specific?

TheKotR
First Steps

Yes, obviously that feature is very wanted. Shouldn't be too hard to implement it either since the code for iOS has already been written.
Please implement this soon.

elijoh
Jogger

Absolute insanity that this is still not available!  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I think being able to edit manually logged exercises duration would be a very helpful option for every Android user. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

glaze300
First Steps

"Nice suggestion"!? Did you even read the 4 YEAR OLD original suggestion to re-add a glaringly obviously important feature that is required and was REMOVED but recently re-added for IOS users only?

Aside from the obvious lack of support for Android/PC/Linux etc, the Feature for IOS is quite frankly, dreadful. You can edit the start/end TIME and you can edit the distance.

Regardless of the start/end times, the length is still the same as before. The GPS is the same, not cropped to match the new length.  in fact, every stat is the same except that now it tells me I managed to squeeze a 60 minute bike ride with an accidental drive into 15 minutes and also managed to travel at 70mph all within the space of 5 miles. Superb, I'm a time traveller!

ChelleMToo
Recovery Runner

I just came over to Android from a Windows Phone.  Been using FitBit for4-5 years now, and never even knew the poor Android users don't have this feature.  Finally found something Windows Phone does better than Android LOL.

In all seriousness though, why on earth would you think that Android users would be the ONLY group of people, en masse, to not want this feature?

Pretty insane.

Yes, pretty please, with a cherry on top, let me edit my exercises.  Sheesh.

aubie8
Recovery Runner

Only a bazillion comments for the life of the product.  Yes it's needed!

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@glaze300 thanks for flagging those pain points - I see what you're saying. This has also been flagged by other users, so I've created a new feature suggestion here to improve that: When-you-edit-start-end-times-for-exercise-automatically-adjust-distance. Please vote/subscribe for updates.

@ChelleMToo thanks for the feedback. Releasing certain features on different OS platforms is not about thinking android users don't want a feature and more about the technical differences and complexities of each platform. Thanks

Shells732
First Steps

This thread is insulting. To make this basic feature part of one operating system,  but not another is ridiculous.  Why should this topic need to be moved to a new thread when the last thread was only solved for a subset of users? My Fitbit has recorded that I was both sleeping and riding my bike simultaneously when I neglected to hit stop... why I cannot manually fix the problem is infuriating! 

ggoodman
First Steps

I think the Fitbit moderators are missing the point. This feature "dare I say bug" has been requested to be fixed by thousands of people over many years. It shouldn't be a question of whether Fitbit needs to fix this problem. The only response I want to hear from Fitbit is that they are actively working to get this implemented asap and they are targeting release for xyz month. Anything less is an insult, especially when moving this to a whole new thread as if it was a new request requiring validation again. When my current Fitbit breaks, if this is not fixed, I will be moving on to another provider, and already know of lots of others who already made the switch. Get it together Fitbit! or you will follow in the footsteps of blackberry. Also, allow hr chest straps to work with your trackers already too! This is table stakes folks.

Eyecubed
Jogger

So frustrating, there is no defense for the establishment of a new topic for Android users predicated on establishing the need. People are upset because this is common sense. And fitbit is simply delaying or buying time. Please enlighten us as to why these changes are not being implemented...An acceptable response would have been that you have rolled out the changes in ois and are working diligently on implementing the change to Android and or other platforms. Trying to establish a separate a need is a red herring fallacy. The community does not understand the delay. Based on your argument of establishing need... Here are the facts: "As of the fourth quarter of 2016, Android leads the global market with an 81.7 percentmarket share, while Apple's iOS is second. Android is also the most often used operating system for tablet computers worldwide, with a 66 percent share of the global market in 2016."

That means that of the 2400 votes and numerous comments...most of those users are android. Even if 50% are Android. Than we have in fact, already established the need.

Therefore it is absurd that we are starting over. It's obvious this is not even in development for Android.

I don't even know why I'm upset. My fitbit has been relegated to a drawer. I had no confidence this would get fixed after all this time i have given up.

But seriously, take ownership. Don't make up ridiculous reasons to buy time. Communicate the truth to what's left of your community. They provide your precious data. Which may be your last real asset. The product is no longer unique. Fitbit will continue to loose market share if you don't apeal to the users humble requests.

Give me a reason to remove it from my drawer. Unfortunately, sans realtime heartrate. My phone, something I carry every day is doing a better, more accurate job. 

ChelleMToo
Recovery Runner

So, I don't know if this helps anyone, but the FitBit app on my Surface, Windows 10, DOES allow me to edit the exercise, both the duration AND the description.  I can't say honestly if it addresses the issue of compressing time, but at least you can truncate your exercise.

I'm not excusing this - it's ridiculous that a workaround is necessary - but if anyone affected has the Windows 10 app, you can at least hop onto that and make your changes.  In the meantime.  While they decide if Android is worthy of the update.

Thanks.

redpandacat
First Steps

Seriously? Just get on with implementing this request. The need is clear based on all the previous threads and it has been about four years since this was requested!

kewlgrapes
First Steps

Adding my name. Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.