Ability To Edit Exercise Start and End time for Android Users

Hi all,

This is a fresh feature suggestion for you to be able to manually edit exercise duration in the mobile app (for example if you forgot to end an exercise) for Android users only. Please note this is released for iOS users whether manually logged exercise or recorded in SmartTrack/exercise mode.

We want to get an accurate idea of how in demand this is for Android users.

Thanks all!

84 Comments
PattiB98
Jogger

I echo what previous posters have said. It is absurd not to have this. And please put it back in the website too. Why would you take it off the web version?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
WeightyWill
Recovery Runner
Really???
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hang on, What? Surely "your customers" ought to lead these kind of developments, not be ignored? Seriously considering a different brand if this is the way valid and logical enhancements are treated!

PattiB98
Jogger

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting another Fitbit. My husband, son and I had the original Charge which had a strap design flaw and all three came apart. We got Charge 2s and the strap on mine broke recently. That coupled with software issues and I'm done.

Hurldogg
Recovery Runner

I've seen other threads that have now been closed to comments, so I'm creating a new one. It seems that several years ago, there was a request to bring back the ability to edit an exercise, in the event you forgot to stop a run. This just happened to me, hence the search for a solution. It was added to iOS, but not Android, and it seems it's not available on Windows either. I understand that's it's probably a different challenge to make it available on Android, but that's not an excuse for just scrapping the upgrade altogether. Isn't this why we're paying $150-200 for your fitness trackers? Shouldn't you be trying to make the customers (all of them - not just iPhone users) happy?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hurldogg, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists and it's currently not planned. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Given Iphone users can edit the start and end time of exercises, why is Fitbit refusing to implement similar  functionality for anyone else? There have been requests for this for over 4 years now, why the refusal?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner thank you for your Feedback. This feature suggestion you are referring to already exists and it's currently not planned. More Information on how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen.

Jeepfan
First Steps

I just got an Ionic the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I had a Garmin that I liked, but some features that I could have used were not available on that model. The Ionic had everything I wanted and then some. I really like the watch. I swam laps at my YMCA two days later. I set the watch to track the swim because that's what I would have done with my Garmin. It was comfortable and unobtrusive. It recorded an extra lap, though. No big deal. I thought i could just edit the number of laps. I couldn't edit anything about it. Tech support says i can't edit because it was started as a tracked exercise. That just seems so shortsighted, to me. I'm going back to Garmin. Hopefully Fitbit can correct this for other users.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jeepfan, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

used2draw
First Steps

It seems I somehow forgot to end my exercise. Fitbit thinks I was spinning for 3 hours and I can't edit this. This is baffling.

Also, when I start exercising there I have to hit exercise: spinning: start: let's go!. Do we really need that last step? Thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @used2draw, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Luciano136
First Steps

I honestly love my Fitbit and I really like to track and analyze my exercise.  For short walks, I just use the auto-exercise function but on long hikes, runs, etc. I prefer to start/stop the exercise manually.  The thing that drives my absolutely nuts is that I can't edit the log afterwards.  I often forget to turn it off after a long hike and end up recording my whole drive home and it completely screws up the stats.  Being able to edit the log and cut off a section would be soooo helpful!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Luciano136, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Android phones. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Drgillward
First Steps
Ability to trim time from end of activity
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Drgillward, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see edit the duration of an activity when you forget to manually end it. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs

rico5678
Jogger
I can't edit any weights exercise start/stop time on my android app. Here is a link to a similar complaint https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/can-t-edit-activity-on-Android/td-p/3043974. I also can't edit it on the web app either.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rico5678, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to edit exercise start and end time for Android users. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JimR52
Jogger
Allow us to change the start and/or stop time of a walk
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JimR52, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to edit your exercises start and end times with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

OfficialThomas
Base Runner

Let's say you just finished a workout but forgot to stop your workout! Now you get home from the gym and you look at your watch only to find it has been tracking all the driving, walking, showering as a workout! I would like to be able to trim workouts somewhat like you can trim videos.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OfficialThomas, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to trim exercises logs with us.

You might also be interested in this other suggestionWe rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @OfficialThomas, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to edit exercise start and end time for Android users. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Giampi71
5K Racer
Make possible to edit the logged sessions for Android users (as possible already for iOS users)
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.