Ability to change goals per day, without changing all past days.

We should be able to change our goals without changing all of our past goals.
For example, on holiday break I was happy to lower my goal to 5,000 steps. Or converter, some days I want to do more and want to up my goal to 15,000 or even 20,000...but then It changes all the past days.

Moderator edit: added labels

537 Comments
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @hayleyyy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of customizing your different goals on a day-to-day basis. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Annmsil
First Steps

This is a big issue.   It seems as though Fitbit has been working on this since 2014.  When you go into the nutrition section, you can change the goal start date, but it does not save.   Seems to me that a “save” or “apply” is needed.   

I called Fitbit  today and the person I spoke to said to remove and reinstall the APP.   This would not fix the problem.  

Please help!!   Thank you. 

TanaChan
First Steps
When the step goal is updated it should change only the day it was updated and forward days, not the days before the goal was changed.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TanaChan, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to change your daily goals without affecting previous days with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Kally-Ann
Recovery Runner

This option would be so useful in so many ways. Please make the change. 

Mange_J
Base Runner

<obvious irony>Hope they get to fix this soon</obvious irony>

Procaffeinating
First Steps

It’s eight years after this was suggested. It’s still not implemented. Sadly, this is the one thing about Fitbit that is almost a deal breaker. 

I would really like to be able to temporarily alter goals, just for that one day. It wouldn't affect previous or future days. It would be a one day only change I would choose to set up to take account for a particular situation. For example, I cannot take as many steps when my Achilles tendon is very sore. Some days I need an extra challenge to keep me moving and support my mental health. 

SJRulez
First Steps
I'm still getting emails about this from over 3 years ago FFS

Get Outlook for Android<>
WalkerO
Jogger
For example when i update daily walking goal from 10K to 12K, my history changes. This should not happen. When making new goals, there should be an option to change from this date forward.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @WalkerO, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to change goals without changing all past days. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.  I hope to see you around.

pokopoko
First Steps

I haven't read all 500+ comments, but this also changes the past when you change your weight in the app. I normally don't track my weight, but the other day decided to update it, and it retroactively changed all my calories burned in the past. Complete insanity! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.