Able to customize Exercise app list on Smartwatches

Would like to be able to remove exercises I do not do.
Also would like to move my most used ones to the top.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
104 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rich_Laue, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to organize the "Exercise list" on the Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It is almost like the developers ignore the history of updates, and with every new device makes us fight for what we already have fought for 3 or 4 times in the past. 

DaveS3
Runner

I've noticed that the sense does list the most recently used exercise apps at the top section. I was looking for the ability to sort like I did on the charge 3, but with this one, I am happy as-is - I can pick anything on the watch and the ones I use are at the top.

lptacek
First Steps

Agree - would love to be able to move the exercises I do not use to the bottom vs. scrolling through them each time.

DavidJ726
Base Runner

I totally agree.  For a user who only uses a select amount of exercises it doesn't make sense to have to scroll through numerous and unneeded exercises.  Please provide to ability to manage what exercises are shown in the watch app as well as the phone and app and web page, and give the user the ability to prioritize the order of how the exercises are listed. The auto sorting functionality is not very useful.

Thanks

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

While recent exercises do scroll to the top, I don't see a reason to have the 18 or so that I will not use stay on the list. 

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

A Fitbit moderator said that the Recent list will only list three exercises.  This is a terrible decision on Fitbit's part.  This whole set up is a massive step down from previous organization.  It makes me want to go back to a previous Fitbit model. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

what are the developers thinking? 

With every new tracker, the move backwards with the options we as users have fought for. 

Our only option now is to fight again. 

BillCarr
First Steps

I could not agree more strongly.  If I could change only one thing, it would be to remove 15 exercises that I will NEVER do.  Even better, would be to have a quick start of my most frequent exercises only 2 clicks away.

sophsio
First Steps

I'd be interested to know if removing the exercise shortcuts was tested with Fitbit wearers and hoping it wasn't just an idea that Fitbit had. If it was teated on Fitbit wearers, what were the insights? 

jyovonie
Jogger

It would be nice if there was an "indoor walking" added to the list!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@jyovonie 2 choices, use treadmill which is a walk mode with gps off, or use walk with GPS disabled. 

jyovonie
Jogger

Thank you!!! I hadn't even thought about that. I will try treadmill
tomorrow during my walk.

--
*And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17*
*Make It a Great Day!*

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

katriana93
First Steps

Please add the ability to tailor the exercise list! I typically have four preferred types. Don't want t see any of the others 99% of the  time. This is a very important feature for me.  Thanks

mphstryk
First Steps

Please add exercise shortcut feature in new software releases for the Versa 3.  I just got the versa 3 and I hate that I have all those exercise options.  I am thinking about returning the Versa 3 because of this.  Why did you take the option away?  I had it on Versa 2? 

sophsio
First Steps
If you use an exercise, it will automatically add it to the top of the
list. I now have 3 at the top that I use frequently.

I have also set up shortcuts accessible by double-pressing the side button,
it shows me quick access to my exercises.
freddygirl
Jogger

I just bought the Versa 3 today, upgrading from the original Versa, and I’m crushed that there’s no option to sort and set up exercise shortcuts. If I had known that, i probably would have saved my money and bought Versa 2. Please, please, please consider adding this feature back on.

Rubigh
First Steps

I completely agree. It is insane that they removed this feature. I was surprised to see so many workouts to begin with, but to not be able to remove and sort them is just crazy.

bvanq
Jogger

I would like to see this feature return along with the ability to add custom choices that show up on the watch itself. For instance, I run with my chihuahua/terrier mix dog and at first he likes to stop and "mark the path" that we are on so that impacts my pace stats. I would like the option to add a custom exercise such as "Run with dog" so that it appears on my Versa 3 device.

pg1980
First Steps

Please add the exercise short cuts to the Versa3. I like the option of managing my own workout options. 

Sfit123
First Steps
Should be able to choose the exercises that are
Relevant to the user, and delete ones that are not relevant. Previous fitbit versions had this option. Sadly the sense does not.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@Sfit123After you use an option, it goes to the front of the list so your favorites end up at the top.  No need to delete others; they go to end of list.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

When you say App @Sfit123 are you asking about the fitbit app on the phone, or the fitbit exercise app on the tracker? 

If on the tracker, we currently have this request. 

Add the ability to organize the Exercise list on the Sense 

Sfit123
First Steps
I don't see it on the tracker
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@Sfit123  On Sense, from main clock face, scroll right (swipe left) through the apps; Exercise will be among the apps; tap that to see the Exercise Shortcut options.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.