Able to edit exercises distance on iOS device

I'm new to Fitbit but have used various other fitness apps over the years. I've just done my first treadmill run with my new charge 2 and the total distance was quite a way off what the treadmill said and what I believe I ran . Please could you add a feature to edit the run distance and other details on the app and website post run?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

80 Comments
Eddie_Edwards
Recovery Runner

On my previous versions of Fitbit being a Charge HR and Fitbit 2 I was able to edit the distance walk after completing a session on the treadmill and/or a walk without using my GPS tracker. 

It now appears to me that this feature has been removed from my Fitbit. 

I find this frustrating as when I am in the gym and I walk on the treadmill the distance read on the screen is not the actual distance calculated by walking in a stationary motion. So when I go into the activity in the app after I have uploaded the data from my fit bit I cannot change the distance to its true value and therefore have to delete the whole activity and re-enter it as a new activity.

Can you please look into restoring this feature as like I said I find it frustrating and time-consuming to delete the activity and then re-enter it manually. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Eddie_Edwards, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Smithydcs49
First Steps

Hi, Please activate the facility for editing distance. It is possible to edit in bike mode but reverts back to calculated distance when you press done. This has been requested by numerous users and needs to be actioned ASAP.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Smithydcs49, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Existing Feature". If you're having issues with this function, you can post in our Community Help Forums to get some help. You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kate-Barlow, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Existing Feature". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.