Able to edit swim data e.g. lengths

I use a Versa and like the length feature when swimming, however most times the Versa misses some lengths; in order to enable me to track how many lengths I am actually swimming please can you make the number of lengths editable? Currently you can edit Start, Finish

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

29 Comments
kerrieBBOZ
Tempo Runner

I use the charge 5 and use my distances to synch into a challenge app, so I always have to edit the distance. However it is absurd when I’m swimming in a 50 m pool that todays swim was 1400m (ie I did 28 lengths) but the app still maintains that I did 38 lengths, even after I changed the distance to 1400m. (It nearly always overestimates the number of lengths by ~30% and I only do freestyle, and don’t stop for the whole swim, so no crazy arm patterns.) But the app should reconcile the newly edited distance and adjust the length number accordingly and vice versa.

And ideally it should be trainable to be less sensitive to whatever is telling it that I’m turning when I’m not, I’m just swimming in a controlled and easy pattern non stop.

shmartyn
Jogger
By contrast, my Versa 3 records a fraction of the lengths that I swim. I regularly swim 44 lengths of a 20 yard pool, 880 yards in total. Every time that I complete a swim Fitbit has recorded around 17 to 28 lengths for a total of 300 plus yards. I need to correct the total distance but it does not update the number of lengths.

My prior Fitbit was a Versa and it recorded all my lengths. My new Versa 3 can’t come close to accurately recording a swim.
Orlando_Swimmer
First Steps

I have a Charge 6 and Android app.  The ability to edit a swim work out is important since the FitBit doesn't count laps or distance accurately.  Also it would be nice to edit the units.  Today, the pool I swam in was switched to 50 meters from 25 yards and I forgot to modify the pool length on the watch.  I am unable to change it in the activity now.  I tried to add a new activity to replace it but the FitBit app assumes everything is yards if you add manually.

kerrieBBOZ
Tempo Runner

@Orlando_Swimmer  I think you really have to just use a different tracker if you want accurate swim stats. For what it’s worth I am happy to put up with just editing the distance, which then synchs with a challenge app I’m using that ignores any other stats. But I recently did trial a cheap brand tracker that has way better swim analysis (stroke count, dps, Swolf, Ave and max stroke rate, best pace and paused time) than Fitbit and measured my lap counts perfectly over several swims, and stopped counting when I was fluffing around at the end of the swim getting out of the pool. It was an AMAZEing FITness tracker. (If you get what I mean). The main drawback is it was impossible to read in sunlight, however I didn’t have to stop the swim activity on the tracker for it to have stopped analysing it as a swim because it recognised I’d stopped anyway, unlike the Fitbit, which keeps going until you tell it you have stopped (Charge 5). And I didn’t try editing the activity in the other tracker, but I didn’t have to!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.