Able to remove Menstrual Health Tracking from Fitbit devices

Had a hysterectomy don't need menstrual. Already did on the app, but still shows on watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

46 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shellyksantos, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to remove Menstrual Health Tracking tile on Luxe with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

JeanGS
Jogger

This Update should absolutely be made. It is really astonishing to me that, with all of the technological advances Fitbit has made, they have not acknowledge the needs of women who do not menstruate. This is not a difficult update from a tech perspective. And users shouldn’t have to find a suggestion post and upvote it for Fitbit to take these women’s needs seriously. 

Merrin
Recovery Runner
As a woman of a certain age, I no longer really need the menstrual tile on the fitbit. Could there be the option to remove it.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
javamooney
Jogger

I agree. It keeps asking to use the menstrual tracker. I will be 71 years old in 16 days. I haven't had a menstrual experience in YEARS! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Merrin, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to remove Menstrual Health Tracking from Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Breauna
Jogger

I agree. I personally think we should be able to remove any tile we don't want, and not worry about it coming back /popping back up on the dashboard, unless we want it too. I'm 30, but I haven't had a period since I was 21 due to health issues & the medicines I am taking. 

So, yes I definitely agree. 

Gryllotalpa
Runner

You actually can hide the tile in the app so that it will not show up at all.

drow
Jogger

You rhink it ia bad for you older ladies. I am a man, pretty sure its a senseless and useless tile for me. Perhaps during set up it could be asked male or female and add the tile if female.

annakanski
Jogger

Can't you hide tiles from the today screen? There's instructions for doing so in the help section. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435.htm

Guitarplayer
Tempo Runner

@annakanski here the question is to remove it from the device, not the app

EHayden
Jogger

Please replace it with a log for Blood Pressure.

Snowy484
Jogger

I would like it removed also, not because I don't use it but because I don't want to have my information displayed in public if I swipe incorrectly on my tracking device. People should be able to remove tiles from their trackers that they don't wish to display to those physically around them. My health is my private business is mine not for the world to see.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Dsim4686
First Steps
You can remove the card on the app but not on the fitbit itself.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dsim4686, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to remove the Menstrual Health Tracking stat from your Luxe with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

lizhey
First Steps

I would also like to see this happen. I use Flo for cycle tracking as it’s more robust and therefore better for helping me manage PCOS and since Fitbit doesn’t allow flow sync cycle data, I don’t use this section (because I’m not tracking it in two locations). I want to be able to remove it from the device because of this as I don’t want to cycle through it when looking for different tiles on the device that I do use. 

Kristine150
First Steps

I was using the menstrual tracking but became pregnant. There’s no way to change your status and I can’t find a way to delete tracker from the watch even after removing it from the app. This is an issue for so many women in all sorts of situations and ridiculous that it’s so hard to remove. 

RubiaFdez
First Steps

Please create an opt in/opt out feature for the “tiles” or categories both on the app and on the device!!  I do not want to have FitBit tracking my menstrual cycles, don’t want automated reminders and app-based guesses about my personal intimate cycle appearing on my Fitbit luxe in public.  I am extremely surprised to find that there is no way to opt out of that feature and think the oversight is pretty significant.  There are many reasons why women may choose not to share those details with the tracker and to be honest- it’s a bit insensitive to those who have more complicated relationships with their menstrual cycle.

EHayden
Jogger

Please give us the option to track blood pressure!

nixcolai
Jogger

Same on the Charge 5. My sister just wanted to see what it looked like on the tracker and now I can't remove it.

VonD711
First Steps

Did men develop this aspect of the watch? Not all women have periods. If the men don’t have this tile on their watches, then the women should at least be given the option of whether or not to have it on our watches. 🙄

praiamla
First Steps

100% agree there should be an option to _not_ display Mentral Cycle on Fitbit devices. Making the implementation of this option wait for a vote feels insensitve and dismissive. Men, most female baby boomers, and women that do not have a menstral cycle - for a plethora of reasons - have no use for this option. I urge you to be understanding, forward thinking; approve the change and deploy it to production within the next two (2) months. 

Pso1125
First Steps

You know what?  These responses make me mad. 

We shouldn’t have to take a vote on this. This is personal and private information, and I am appalled that we even have to ask for the option to remove it.   I am appalled that Fitbit doesn’t even offer me the option of not tracking this at all. 

If you can’t keep our personal information private, then you shouldn’t be tracking it. 

Sunlark
Jogger

I am new to Fitbit and just today ran my first Wellness Report. Even though there was no menstrual data, it still included it as a category. I am 63 years old, my last light spotting was in 2011, and I want to be able to simply say I don't have periods any more and otherwise not have this category show up on my report. Can it not only be removed from my app screens but also from reporting? I know my healthcare professionals can read through this and see the information that is helpful, but it's just plain annoying to not be able to remove this category. Tx!

angbing
First Steps

Please give the option to remove the menstrual tracking on the charge 5.   I've had a hysterectomy and don't need to be reminded that I can't have children anymore. I'm sure there are many reasons people don't want to have this tile on their device.  Please please please give the option to remove it.

Nic1111
First Steps

I’m a bit embarrassed about woman’s problems and I hate that this is on my device. It’s ok on my phone, but not my Luxe. Please allow me control over this. I was showing off my new Luxe to people and got very embarrassed when they scrolled to that section on my watch. I can’t explain but this is really embarrassing for me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.