Above the bicep armband

I really liked the Body Media armband and the fact it was hidden under my shirt. I would have bought a Fit Bit as soon as Body Media went out of business if they had a model that could be worn above the bicep. I've looked at the Fit Bit Zip but it doesn't feature a heart rate monitor. I'm even considering making an armband extension for the Fit Bit. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: labels.

13 Comments
jeffreyfischer
First Steps
Disappointed to see FIT try and compete in the smart watch arena. Would love to see an option where the tracker is integrated into a knee / calf band. Great access to pulse rates, no screen needed, larger battery capacity, opportunity for true water proof and one less thing on my wrist. Happy to help design and test. - Jeff
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EmilyEL
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I can definitely understand the varied use cases for wearing Fitbit trackers, especially those with PurePulse, in varied locations on the body. Thanks for your feedback here, and thanks for your participation on the Feature Suggestion board.

Mange_J
Base Runner

yes yes yes to hidden tracker or additional gadgets to fit current tracker to other bodyparts, like ankle worn hidden in sock, above biceb etc etc. On new tracker no screen necessary, every tracker so far rely heavily on the mobile app. Additional options in the app is needed where the tracker is worn.

Most might see this feature as to fit some other form of sport like kayak. I´d use it when I want to wear it but not have it visible like on a restaurant, at work (for different reasons) etc. wanting to have my Rolex on my wrist instead of my Charge 2 (as if I had or wanted a Rolex)

FelishaB
First Steps

I’m a female machinist and therefore I cannot wear a fitness tracker on my wrists without it getting coolant on/in it, or it becoming damaged or broken. You should come up with an above the elbow (even able to wear anywhere on upper arm) or maybe an ankle band that you could wear. I know at least 300 people right now who would do it if it didn’t have to be worn on the wrist or hands. Thank you

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @FelishaB thanks for sharing. In regards to your suggestion for an ankle band, we already had this suggestion you can read more about here. And about your other suggestion we are merging that one into an existing suggestion. Keep sharing your ideas. 

SkaldMage
Jogger

Hello Folks at Fitbit, 

I own a Fitbit Surge and for the most part it works well to track my heart rate, ( sleep seems irregular and spotty though ), and calories burned. 
Where the Fitbit DOES NOT WORK WELL  is during my boxing.  My Mixed Martial Arts gloves must be wrapped.  The wrap covers up the wrist where the Surge is.  It often happens that because of the location of the buttons on this fitness watch, my activity tracking comes to an early stop - because the activity I'm engaging in has accidentally pressed the STOP button !   So it is clear that a Fitbit watch worn on the wrist IS NOT IDEAL FOR BOXING.  An Armband would be better.  An Armband which could be worn on the upper arm would be able to avoid early signaling of the conclusion of a workout.  Perhaps there needs to be a two-step confirmation that the activity is to come to a close. Or, alternately - once the activity and duration of activity is selected - the tracking WILL NOT STOP DUE TO ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED BUTTONS !  Instead the device would ask for confirmation that the activity is done - requesting a button press on an alternate side.  Alternately, perhaps it's time to add a LOCK button - so the device DOES NOT STOP TRACKING DUE TO RANDOM ACCIDENTAL BUTTON MASHING !  

bsblump
First Steps
I would like to see some way for fitbit to be worn, and not seen. Maybe something that could go around your upper arm or even something very slim you could wear around an ankle. So that it may track heart rate and zone minutes not just track steps.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bsblump, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have upper arm bands for Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Kindl-Vonhof
First Steps

Hallo mein Armband meiner ionic ist nach knapp einem Jahr nicht mehr das beste und würde bevor die Garantie ausläuft gern ein neues haben wie komme ich zu einem neuem Armband 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello! I want to add to this discussion... an armband would be SO beneficial. My husband has wanted a fitbit for years but can't wear anything below his elbows for work. I think Fitbit is missing out on a large demographic of people, primarily health care workers, who want to wear the device but can't. Please, please, please consider adding a device that can be worn as an armband. We would buy that right away!

Thanks!

Higdon
First Steps
Has fitbit thought of making a product that can be worn on the bicep or forearm that can track heart rate so they don't get torn up or dirt on too much as the ones one the wrist do?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Higdon, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a product that can be worn on the bicep or forearm. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Kindl-Vonhof
First Steps
Sorry das ich das hier anspreche aber ich versuche schon seit Monaten ein
neues Armband in L Größe für meine ionic zu bekommen habe sogar Bilder
gemailt das es defekt ist aber seitdem höre ich nichts mehr es ist
beschämend wie fitbit mit seinen Kunden umgehen eins ist fakt nie wieder
eine fitbit
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.