Access Apps/features During Exercise tracking

When tracking an exercise on the Ionic, you're not able to leave the exercise tracking screen to access the rest of the OS or any other apps. For example, if I were tracking a hike or bike ride and wanted to check the weather, I am unable to access the app to do so. Even more, there are 3rd party apps available to use during a workout but it's not possible to use those apps while tracking your exercise with the Fitbit exercise app. There are plenty of suggestions to add a ski tracking app, but what's the point if you can't track your exercise along with the app?  Fitbit needs to update the OS to allow you to navigate off the exercise screen and open other apps in conjunction. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

112 Comments
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Stephadventures, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to control music while tracking exercise, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

charleskn
Distance Runner
Allow the use of timers (countdown and stop watch) while logging exercise (circuit training).
I have to pause/stop my "exercise logging" to use the timer to time an exercise.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charleskn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to access other apps or features during exercise tracking. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi JCGirl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to access other features during exercise tracking. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

ShaanieBoy
Jogger
I would like to be able to run a countdown timer while in an exercise mode.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ShaanieBoy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to user a count timer during exercise tracking. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gkinfinity and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Zeifferx
First Steps
While tracking an exercise, I cant go back to the main menu by clicking the side button without pausing or ending the exercise. Say i want to check a notification or change a song on spotify, nope.

What I want is for it to continue tracking the exercise while being able to navigate menus.
Lynnish
First Steps
I have a charge 4 and am a little disappointed that there seems to be no way to use the spotify function while tracking a workout. That was the main reason that I purchased the charge 4 instead of another inspire hr. Anyway I would love to see that change for the charge 4!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Zeifferx, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use other options or features while tracking an exercise on your Fitbit Charge 4. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lynnish, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use others apps and features when tracking an exercise. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

singhshashi
First Steps
The app should have a section from which I can control the display of the device. For example, I want to start an Interval Timer exercise. I open the app and and I can see a display which mimics my device. On the app I swipe and select and start and this starts the workout on the device as well.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @singhshashi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use different features at the same time on you Fitbit device. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

stuizen
First Steps
Hi guys, could we please get the ability to set a timer during a workout - I'm on a versa but in general this should be on fitbits.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @stuizen, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use the timer during exercise tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Pakya
First Steps
Allow navigating to other parts of the device like a watch face while the activity tracker is on. For example, I was running and had a running tracker on and couldn't check time as it wouldn't allow me to go to watch face while the running activity tracker was on
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pakya, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to access Apps/features during exercise tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

charleskn
Distance Runner

For Pakya, it may depend on your device. On my Charge 4, while I am in the running, or using another exercise app, I can tap the display to cycle through various displays within the exercise app, and display the time.

Beppe_mi
First Steps
another very important point is when I start the training app. Example weight training in the gym. That application doesn't work in the background! To use the timer, for example, I have to stop the training app and use the timer. This is not acceptable. Please let me know if it is your intention to correct this in the future update of the device.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Beppe_mi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see access other apps or features during exercise tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Burrom
Jogger
The ability to swap between apps so that you can leave an app running while using another
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Burrom, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have access apps/features during exercise tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

olivine_peridot
Recovery Runner
Please allow Fitbit Sense users the ability to move between apps without ending the task of the app. This is most prominent during a workout. I want to be able to control my music from my wrist during my workout. Currently there is no option for this and I need to end workout if I want to access Spotify which is pointless.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @olivine_peridot, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see access to use apps and features during exercise tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

hhje908
First Steps
When a countdown timer is on -- it should be easily accessed and displayed at the main screen.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.