Active Hours: Week Day and Weekend Schedules

I love this new feature, but it seems that there should be two schedules: one for the week days and one for weekends, or perhaps that the app should allow you to signify what your work week is vs your non work-days. This flexibility would give a better, more accurate reflection of Active time, I feel.

Any possibility of additional scheduling options?

Moderator edit: labels

20 Comments
Cartonomilk
Jogger
I suggest that we have a work week step hours and another for weekend. Most don't keep the same hourly schedule for both
Brands
Jogger
It should just run on a rolling period of hours and not cut off at midnight, and then you could also just select the days of the week as well. I work nights, and this app is currently useless for me 😞
Coelhotche
First Steps
I really like the Hourly Activity feature that was just recently added to the Fitbit app. I just wish there was a way to set up alerts in case you haven't gotten up and walked/moved in a certain amount time. I don't get to check my Fitbit app throughout the day, so a reminder to get up out of my chair to walk a bit would be really great!
MikeS1971
Progression Runner
I'd like to see the ability to change the number of steps. 250 is not enough. I have mine set for 14 hours and hit 250 per hour every day without trying.
Cripavenger
Recovery Runner
I'd appreciate it if we could change the # of steps per day and that we could set our own hours. Some of us are night shift. I'd prefer to set mine from 2p-2a.
Or have the ability to change hours every day depending on our schedule.

Thanks!
Femmepetale
First Steps
Agreed with cripavenger! I work night shift too and you currently can't set reminders to move past midnight 😞
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I like this idea a lot. I can see myself taking advantage of these feature. Specially on the weekends when I try to wake up late. Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board!

Beldizar
Jogger

If this idea gets accepted, please do not make it tied down to weekends specifically.  For people doing resistance training or any kind of very tightly scheduled exercise program, it would be very useful to define days as "workout days" and "rest days" which likely are going to alternate throughout the week.

MinnesotaMel
Keeping Pace
Ditto Beldizar. I'm not doing resistance training, but my work schedule is NOT consistent. Let me specify work and rest days.
tarriel
Stepping Up

I also want to start the activity reminders after I wake up, rather than having to set a time, particularly on the weekend.

PadraicKane
First Steps

I  would like to have the ability to automatically change from the work week steps to a weekend set of steps. I have been doing this manually for a while now but I would like to see if there was a way to automatically change because I like to sleep in on the weekends so my hourly activity should change to a later time. I don't know it's just an idea, take from it what you will. 

Hippo58
First Steps

Would appreciate the facility to change step timings on a Saturday and Sunday rather than the timing being the same throughout the week.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hippo58, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Hippo58
First Steps
Yes thanks I know the post is there already. However this is not a big
modification and I'm hoping the more noise the better

Thanks.
junebug561
Recovery Runner

I'd love a way to adjust the Hourly Step Goal. First, I'd like a warning 15 minutes, not 10 minutes before the hour ends. Others may want the warning 20 or 30 minutes before. Ten minutes doesn't always give you enough time to get your steps in.  Second, I'd like a way to adjust the actual number of steps per hour to get closer to my daily goal. Third, I'd like some sort of grace period where steps taken within, say, 5 minutes after the hour can apply to the previous hour if you didn't meet your goal. It is so frustrating to get that 10 minute warning and be in the middle of something that you know you won't be done with in time to try to get your steps in. Finally, I'd like a way to adjust the time range you track every day that doesn't affect every previous day's goals. It makes absolutely no sense that if I want to change my hourly steps range for the weekend that the previous week's readings are now showing you didn't meet goal.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @junebug561. Thanks for taking the time to share these ideas with us. We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency

Increase or Customize Reminder to Move from 250 Steps/Hr

Option to make up my missing hourly activity goals

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Mvpd
First Steps
Right now, setting hourly step goals only lets users select a range. It would be better if the app allowed to select specific hours. Ex: In Texas, it’s hot midday. People walk early and late in the day, but that means setting the range for 13 hrs, which is a really high goal to meet when stuck at home but not wanting to go out in 100 degree heat
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mvpd, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add schedules for hourly reminders. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Shriley
First Steps
I would like the 14 hours a day goals to be able to be different time frames daily. Mon-fri i start at 3am. Sat or sunday its different. Or if we are on vacation it changes. I dont want to lose it all .
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shriley, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to set different hourly activity goal and reminders to move for week days and weekends with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.