Add Amazon Audible app for Fitbit Smartwatches

The app store needs an Audible app for us bookworms. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & Title

326 Comments
JcFx
Recovery Runner

Current Charge 2 owner. Would upgrade to Ionic if it had Audible. That + Spotify are my killer apps.

Diacono
First Steps

Please provide an audible app

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be awesome if you would add the audible app.   I listen to audiobooks 80% of the time.  

Thanks!

D_man
First Steps

It would be wonderful if we could load our Audiobooks from Audible to our Fitbit device and have have it resume from where we last listened. Similar feature with Podcasts would be great!

welllookahere
Recovery Runner

I would LOVE to have audible.com on my Versa! Please add this app soon!!!

Esmeliz
Jogger

I own a lot of Audiobook files, and i would love an app where the spot in the file was remembered. Not necessarily Audible... Or alternatively, the option to tell fitbit that for a certain file, the spot needs to be remembered?

MADUB06
Recovery Runner

I just got off the chat with audible and asked them about making the app for fitbit:

"Actually, we have been having that idea for quite a bit. It is not quite yet on developing, but I can submit that feedback from your account to the guys in charge. The more people we have requesting something new, the more possibilities there are for it to happen."

So please get on audible and ask them to make the app.  Like the rep said, the more people that ask, the better chances we'll have it.

bumpandrun
Recovery Runner
Thanks for the info, will get on it today!

--
Dave
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Okay I will. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
D_man
First Steps

I sent Audible a message on Twitter requesting the app for Fitbit users- it's been passed over to their team.

The more requests they get the better our chances will be!

RobIgoUK
Strider
I've tweeted them too!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Wsuduce
First Steps

I returned my fitbit last week. It was just a deal breaker. I will consider it next time if they get this app added, but I just could not keep it at that price and not be able to listen to my books. Maybe next time Fitbit. I just am posting so you know for some of us it really is a deal breaker. 

YumeKai
First Steps

Listening to my books keeps me moving because I want to know what happens next. I really need an audible app. 

mynameisben
First Steps

Yes, please add audible app

Ezrafan1127
Jogger

Yes, I agree.  However, not just the audible app, all apps that allow you to listen to books.  

Lakegirl137
Jogger

I contacted Audible about an app for the fitbit Versa and they say it’s a fitbit issue. So, let’s get together, Fitbit and Audible and get an app that would allow us to listen to audiobooks. It appears some people are waiting for an audible app to purchase a new fitbit and I am waiting for an audible app before I sign up for an audible subscription. Let’s think about the customers, please. 

Kthom14
First Steps

I love my Versa.... just adding my voice here that an Audible app would be truly amazing! It would make the watch perfection!:) 

LadyNanci
Keeping Pace

I would love the audible app for my Versa. I enjoy audio books so much and I would use that app a lot.

Lucentis
Jogger

Desperately need an Audible and Kindle app for the Ionic - much prefer listening to an audio book whilst exercising.

GenkiKate
Jogger

This would be great! I much prefer audiobooks to music and audible would be a great choice to support

blisslife
Jogger

I'm pretty much waiting for the Audible App.  I *want* a Versa, but without the Audible App, there's little point in it for me.

Blofl
First Steps
I have lost track of how long ago I started this, post, such a bummer that
there is still no ability for listening to my audible books on the Fitbit
system.

I am very reluctantly getting ready to retire my Fitbit and buy the Apple
Watch. Despite the fact this is my second Fitbit Surge, and I wanted to
upgrade to the newest Fitbit watch, I cannot without my Audible app.

Thanks for the good time Fitbit, maybe we will cross paths in the future.
bumpandrun
Recovery Runner
I know exactly how you feel. This is my first Fitbit and it's probably my
last. Android watch for me so I can have audible.
Nickessex
Runner

Also thinking of going down the Apple watch route. On my fourth Fitbit but I want audio books.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.