Add Calories Remaining to on-wrist device

I would love the ability to see calories remaining,  on top of the calories burned already on the watch. Would really simplify things! 

Moderator edit: Update subject for clarity 

31 Comments
awifeyforlifey
Stepping Up

For the bands with screens, I would like to have the daily calorie deficit as a display option. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This would be great and you can also save some time instead of checking it out on the Online Dashboard. I encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts and ideas in the Fitbit Community.

Catch you later!

itsnjc
Stepping Up

The "app" shows me all my calorie information. It shows how many calories I've consumed and how many i have remaining for the day....BUT it would be nice to see this information on my blaze as well so that i dont have to always go to my phone for an update.

Especially since my calories adjust throughout the day based on my activity level and calories burned, i would love to be able to see this information at a glance throughout the day. Also, receiving notifications when I've gone over my food calorie goal, or met my goal, etc would be very encouraging.

Just a thought!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

Surferlz
First Steps
Please make it an option to display calories remaining on Blaze
Benwise55
First Steps

It would be very helpful to be able to see how many calories you have eaten/how many calories you have left to eat in a day at a glance on the Fitbit blaze.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

Boxerx7
First Steps
On the Alta as well
virtue4u
Jogger

I agree.  The old display had a separate display showing calories remaining.  Who cares how many calories one has eaten during the day as long as they are below their alotted amount?  There needs to be a separate tile showing calories remaining and that should be front and center on the main dashboard.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey! I think this is a great idea, it would be a lot easier to have this information on Blaze display. 

Thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink

AVFerrusquia
Recovery Runner

The Blaze needs to add the Calories in vs out feature.  It would be nice to see how many calories I have remaining without having to go into my phone.

frogster99
First Steps

This is a feature of can't live without we need this now

F4rno
Stepping Up

This is one of the first things I looked for when I first received my Blaze. 

bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner

Why couldn't (at least) the Ionic have a calories in vs calories out app added to it? Why isn't this a thing yet? 🤔 It could be done on most of the devices and I just don't see why it hasn't been done yet. Then, you wouldn't need to check your phone to see how many calories you have left for the day. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels/Format

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The biggest problem I see is the Ionic doesn't know the calories in. 

bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner
That’s not a problem at all! Those are logged into the Fitbit app. Once synced up the Ionic would have this data! 😄

Ursula
bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner

That's no problem at all! The calories in are put into the Fitbit app anyway. The Ionic already pulls information from the app so it would just be a matter of having it pull that information. Once you input your calories into the app and the phone syncs with the watch that information would be available. I just don't see WHY this isn't a thing yet. LOL

Ursula

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The calories eaten are t into the food log which at this time does not sync to the ionic.. But yes it could be with some changes in the sync process.. Remember though the in calories will only be up to the last sync. 

bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner

Right! So, it's totally doable! Wish I knew enough about coding to create an app to do it. Can develop a website but apps aren't my thing! I really think this would be so helpful. It would make a great app. 

bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner

I've got it in the works guys! At least for the Ionic. 

Chuck.
Stepping Up

Wouldnt it be great if you could actually view on your watch in real time a breakdown of the calories consumed versus the calories burned.  For those of us who track their food intake.. instead of just on the dashboard

lcandsp
Recovery Runner

To me, it's the most necessary function of a fitness tracker.

While I do monitor the healthfulness of my diet, the adequacy of my sleep, and the sufficiency of my exercise, the BOTTOM LINE for me is having the ability to check Calories In and Calories out throughout the day, that is, on the device.

I absolutely have to see that I am expending more calories than I am consuming! How else is it possible to plan what to eat, increase one's activity level if necessary day, and lose weight consistently? It's the most basic tracking function in the world! It keeps surprising me that fitbit is taking so long to add it to the menu showing device display options.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bodywrapsgirl, and all commenters! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

bodywrapsgirl
Recovery Runner

Yea so it CAN kinda be done now with the Asken Diet app. It's a pretty cool app BUT Fitbit's database is so MUCH bigger than Asken diet is. It would be nice if watchfaces could just have another option to view calories in at least. Perhaps I'm just a data junkie. lol I've talked to several devs about it but so far nothing's moving on it. Hopefully it will happen soon! lol

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed, do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Kmilliman22
First Steps

I’d like to see the macro and calorie in/out info on my Versa not just on the phone app. I’d like it to appear on the “today” screen. I was actually very surprised that this wasn’t available. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.