Calories left on your Fitbit display

It would be amazing if, given the data you enter on your phone and data your fitbit collects, for your colories consumed or calories remaining to be displayed on your fitbit display. Please enable this!!

Moderator edit:  Labels and subject for clarity.

13 Comments
vernp
First Steps

I would appreciate if we can add the calorie left or deficit in my fitbit tracker (surge). This shows in the smatphone app but would like to see this in tracker.

eward608
First Steps

I use my Fitbit Charge HR almost completely for the fitness aspects.  Though I do log my food and stay within my goal.  It would be cool if you could have one display option that showed how many calories you have left for the day.  It would definitely be motivational when I'm thinking about that late-night cookie I don't need!

Charlotteleonar
First Steps
Great idea! Really wish they did this
JoelD92
First Steps
I think it'd be really useful if one of the displays when you press the button brings up how many calories you're allowed for the rest of the day, as I always track that but have to go on my phone for it.
Kitkat127
First Steps
I think this would be very motivational! This would be much easier than trying to remember how many calories you've consumed vs. burned. Want dessert after dinner? Better run a couple more miles. Did you grab a donut in the break room at work? Better stay on that elliptical another 30 minutes.
shisila21
Jogger

It would be nice if calories remaining (as seen on the dashboard and in the app) could be displayed on the device as well.

V8
Base Runner
+1. Why not having calories burnt then remaining calories being displayed consecutively, like a running text. Might as well adopt this with steps, too, steps taken then steps remaining. Please Fitbit..
SpencerCL
Jogger
Love this idea
Carverkid
First Steps
I would find the FitBit twice as useful if the wristband display included the number of calories I could still consume within my daily goal. Thanks!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @maunderb thank you for your contribution. I believe that having the Food Plan info on the tracker would be very useful. I will pass this along to our developers team for review. 

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it's already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day! Woman Wink

azza70
Premium User
Recovery Runner
I'd like to know my calories balance on the device. More specifically, how am I tracking with intake vs expended calories according to my weight loss strategy.
corvi42
First Steps

I'd love to be able to see the calories remaining for the day on the display.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Ionic, Versa series and Sense. The Fitbit Today app on your watch will show your food stats such as calories eaten and calories remaining. You can find more details here, as well as in the User Manual of each Fitbit Smartwatch.

@maunderb, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.