Add Canoeing/Kayaking/Paddle Boarding as an Exercise Shortcut

Hi,

Just taken delivery of my Surge and am loving it! One thing I'd like to see is Kayaking/canoeing added as an activity on the Surge. As it is water resistant and splash proof (and you shouldn't be getting that wet!), this should be OK. I am particularly interested in the tracking opportunities offered by the repetitive arm movement - this should be easy for the Surge to recognise and would enable some really great stats - strokes per minute, strokes taken etc, and combined with the GPS function you could work out stroke efficiency, distance per stroke and maybe even give feedback on how well the stroke is done (e.g. more vertical entry v's sloppy strokes).

Could be a quick win for the developers?

Many thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

246 Comments
jolee-ann
First Steps

Stand-Up Paddle-boarding (SUP) is only growing in popularity. This feature needs to be added as an exercise to FitBit watches. GPS, calorie count and heart rate would be awesome to have. They’ve been waiting 6 years. Let’s get this done! 🙂

Please could you add kayaking to the Versa 3, as its becoming a popular sport

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Steph2470stephthanks for sharing your suggestion about the possibility of adding the Kayaking activity to the Versa 3. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post hereThis helps to keep the forums more organized and prevent the vote from splitting into multiple ideas. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

fired_earth
Recovery Runner
Rather than keeping the forums tidy, it would be great if some of the
suggestions from your customers were implemented.
kevinapaddler
Jogger
Since Fitbit is never going to move forward with this my next tracker will probably be a garmin.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Khllnd
First Steps

Yes, I would love it if my Inspire 2 Fitbit could track kayaking movement!

tmquinn
Stepping Up

It would be good to have this for all models including Versa3

Denise379
First Steps

One of my favorite activities is kayaking, it would be just amazing if this was added under the exercises. I have a versa 2. 

asunw86
First Steps

I'd love to have this added! I have an inspire HR

mata
Recovery Runner

Please do this. My kayak trip showed up automatically as "Swim" but that was a duplicate of the gps tracked trip that (for lack of paddling) was set to 'hike'. The calories and distance are both different too - for the same time period and heart rate tracking.

I have a Fitbit Luxe

Tenyearstreamer
First Steps

Requests have been .made for 6 years (!) to add a kayaking app to the exercises. Come on! How long does something have to be "considered?" There are pages and pages (I stopped at 9) of the same request. As Fitbit can come out with a newer, better device every year or so, why does it take 6-plus years to get a simple app?

Fitbir Sense, Versa 2, and Versa 3 owner

Feliciamc
Recovery Runner

Yes please would love a kayaking Ap! 

Jeepwolf
Stepping Up

Hahaha can't believe they still haven't added kayaking yet, people been asked for it your years, they lost me years ago to garmin, they have kayaking & paddle boarding, and their watches are so much nicer, honestly do yourselves a favour,  move to garmin, you wont regret it 🙂

PiperPizza
First Steps
Make a paddling option for an exercise shortcut. Kayaking, Canoeing, and Paddle Boarding are all popular activities and it would be great to track them.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PiperPizzathanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about the possibility of adding Paddle boarding and Kayaking as exercises on the Fitbit watches, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here, as this helps to keep the forums for organized and readable for all members. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

kevinapaddler
Jogger
Wont matter, they wont do it. My post is now three years old, don’t hold your breath

Sent from Mail for Windows
Feliciamc
Recovery Runner

I have the sense.. Have had a fitbit for close to 10 years since the very first one came out.. I love fitbit but am so disappointed that there is no kayaking Ap.  My versa 2 had a third party kayaking Ap available but the sense doesn't. I contacted the developer and he cannot make it compatible with the sense.  This makes me so sad as one of my major activities is kayaking. 

PaddlerKT
First Steps

Come on Fitbit. It looks like it's been 6 years of users requesting kayaking to be added. I bought a Sense because of its connectivity with Strava but would not have bought if I realised it didn't track watersports. How hard can it be? 

JohnDinSD
Jogger
Apparently, it is so hard no other fitness watch can not do it.
PaddlerKT
First Steps

I wonder if us users should start making it very clear to all kayakers in our own country that Fitbit is not the way to go if you want to track paddling. I might start spreading the word... 

mpilch
Jogger

Dear Fitbit,

Yes another vote for SUP.

It's quite annoying that devices and platform for $$$ after 6 Years still is not fit for SUP lovers.

I'm sorry I have to recommend other brands for my colleagues and family mainly from that reason!!! Missing SUP activity.

Sorry and good luck with ignoring your long term users.

Kind Regards

Michal

whiskeytango
Jogger

I think this suggestion was last posted a few years ago. I would love to see kayaking (flat water) as an exercise option on Fitbits. (We have a Luxe and a Sense).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @whiskeytango, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Kayaking as an exercise shortcut on Fitbit Luxe. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this suggestion: Kayaking App for Fitbit Sense.

I hope to see you around.

Daniellea123
Jogger

Please add this feature to the sense also!

dsweissman
First Steps

Yes please add stand-up paddleboarding as an exercise option!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.