Add Discover card to Fitbit Pay

Please add support for Discover card to Fitbit Pay.

If you want this feature, contact Discover to let them know you want Discover to support Fitbit Pay. Send Discover a link to this feature request so Discover can see other customers want Discover to support Fitbit Pay.

51 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @jeremiahlee! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

brian393
Recovery Runner

Please add Discover credit card compatibility!!!!! 

Kbrands
First Steps

just bought the ionic today and was so disappointed to see no discover. It’s a big credit card, honestly just assumed it’d be included. PLEASE add it to the list of supported accounts!!!

jeremiahlee
Runner

@brian393@Kbrands: Ultimately, it's up to Discover to add Fitbit Pay, so be sure to reach out to Discover and tell them you want to use it with Fitbit Pay. You can send them a link to this page so they can see other Fitbit Pay users want to use their Discover card with it.

steveb944
Recovery Runner

I'm about to buy a Versa SE. This is the last feature I need to leave Wear in the dust and never look back.

vik.rao7
Jogger

Hello there! 
I recently bought a Fitbit Ionic and was disappointed to learn that discover is not supported. After stumbling on to this discussion, I reached out to the discover customer support and well, they said they would escalate the feedback to the relevant team. Hopefully, we see the integration sooner, than later! 

wiseman13
Base Runner

Yeah I paid extra for the version of the Versa with FitBit pay, but Discover Card is my primary card and I cannot use it.

jack_li
First Steps

Please add Discover credit card compatibility!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Calcobrena
Recovery Runner

Yeah, I was frustrated they don't have it it either.  Samsung Pay has it, and I typically take my phone everywhere, but I'm disappointed by this because I have been doing shorter runs with just my watch more often...

wiseman13
Base Runner

FYI if you go into your discover card account you can send a secure message asking them to work with fitbit on it as well.

Here is the message I sent:

Hello,I recently purchased a Fitbit Versa with FitBit pay support and noticed that Discover Card is not on their supported bank list (https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-pay/banks). Does Discover have plans to support FitBit pay like it does for Google and Apple Pay?

Reply from Discover:

Thank you for your suggestion about FitBit Pay. I wish to thank you for taking the time to write to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve our business and serve you better. It is comments such as yours that help us achieve those goals. We will be happy to take your suggestion into consideration.

I have noted your feedback to our headquarters in regards to seeing if FitBit Pay would be an option in the future.

We will continue providing the excellence, value, and rewards that you are used to seeing from us, and we look forward to your continued business. Thank you for choosing Discover.

So I figure the more we reach out on both sides the better.

Mpeters82
Recovery Runner

I would like to add my voice in support of this idea. My only credit card is Discover, other than my bank debit cards. My bank cards don't work with Google pay, so I can't imagine they would work with this, so Discover is my only option.

sremick
Recovery Runner

Desperately needed. Considering my 3 daily credit cards are 2 Citi cards and 1 Discover, none of which are supported by FitBit Pay, I feel I wasted money on the special-edition.

People have been asking for Citi alone for over a year. They're the 5th largest bank in the USA. Discover is hardly unknown or a small player either. Not sure what the hold up is... FitBit needs to get its act together on this ASAP.

MadeinDK
Recovery Runner

I bought the Charge 3 Special Edition to have the convenience of Fitbit Pay. However, only very few banks are currently included in Fitbit Pay - please, please add more banks!! Discover Bank, Citi Bank, etc. Where are all the big banks?? Until I have the ability to add my debit card I probably won't get to use this much... 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MadeinDK, that’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. I hope we can see more bank options for US too. Keep posting your suggestions. 

synfin80
First Steps

To see that the top credit card issuers are not supported is sorely disappointing. I have Discover and Citi, the 5th and 6th largest credit card issuers, and neither are supported.  Fitpay is useless to me until support for major credit cards is added.

Status changed to: New
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @MadeinDK.

I will be merging this request to an already existing request to include Discover. In addition, please feel free to support this suggestion about adding Citi Bank.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

SteveMilano
First Steps

I purchased a Versa Special Edition a couple of months ago and then realized Discover Card can't be loaded. I only use my Discover card so having the Pay function in my Fitbit device is now pointless unless I use my backup credit card. That's not what I want to do. Hope Discover and Fitbit figure this out soon.

Neojin
First Steps

I'm sitting at my computer with my new watch just out of the box. First thing I went to do was setup Fitbit Pay, and I wasn't able to use my Discover card. I'm with the other posters here. With how large Discover is, I just assumed it would be included. That's my fault for making an assumption, but it's a pretty outrageous situation. 

Fitbit Pay was obviously released too soon. You should have received full support from the top credit and banking companies before releasing the feature. The Special Edition Versa is centered around Fitbit Pay. You play up this ability anytime Versa is talked about to get people to purchase the more expensive product. But you leave out that you're missing the big name companies, instead just mentioning how more banks are being added each month. 

It's misleading to say Fitbit Pay supports a large number of banks, when most of those banks pertain to less than a half of a percent of your users. A pay system should not be released without the big name players involved. You're getting us to jump in head first, without the features we need, then telling us to wait for future updates for the product to have the functionality it should have had from the start. 

I would be returning my Fitbit tomorrow (as the pay feature was the only reason I switched from my pebble) if I hadn't purchased it from Fitbit using my Fitbit Learn coupon. And I can tell you this, as a team member working for Academy Sports, I can no longer recommend the Versa Special Edition to our customers, and I will make sure my coworkers working in that area (at my store and the other stores through email) are aware of this feature not being able to work for most customers. I will not allow our company to be a part of misleading our customers.

This is incredibly disappointing. Even after absorbing Pebble, you're still unable to make a proper smartwatch.

steveb944
Recovery Runner

Keep in mind @Neojin this is not only on Fitbit but also Discover. Make sure to reach out to Discover and let them know as many times banks will partner with specific partners and not others.

You may be onto something though as Fitbit has released an even more inexpensive Versa that doesn't have NFC. It would seem they're not prioritizing mobile pay at all since it's only on 2 products, (SE Versa & Iconic). As it is my phone is my go to as Google Pay has more banks supported, unfortunately Android Wear does not compare to Fitbit so here I am with 3 SE's and counting in my family.

Neojin
First Steps

@steveb944 Thank you for your kind reply. I was hasty and upset when writing my post. I'm still disappointed, but you are correct, it's a partnership between Fitbit and Discover that must be resolved by both parties.

I do hope this issue is resolved sometime soon for all those wishing to use their Discover card with Fitbit Pay. I made the decision to return my Fitbit as I have not seen any intent by Fitbit to resolve this issue. My best wishes to to all those coming here with similar issues.

amkaris
First Steps

I would like Discover to be compatible as well!

Redclaw
First Steps

This request has been opened since Oct. 2017. For over a year, people have been requesting support for Discover Card to be available with Fitbit Pay. I know that some things take a while to get done, but with no status update at all we're all left in the dark if this will ever come about.

Please add me to list of growing people wanting Discover Card compatibility with FitBit Pay.

sremick
Recovery Runner

It's not just Discover. It's been the same with Citibank as well, which is arguably an even larger credit card company. Two of my 3 most-used cards are Citi-based, with the third being Discover. My "special edition" Charge 3 is basically useless for its "special" features.

The lack of not only support but any reasonable response is not only egregious but inexcusable. Clearly, Fitbit is content now that they've tricked people into paying more for a model with advertised features that don't actually work (this and the SpO2 sensor which was one of the other selling points in the feature comparison charge they used to fool people into paying more). Now that they've gotten our money, they couldn't care less about us. They're behavior (or lack thereof) spells that out rather definitively.

steveb944
Recovery Runner

@sremickyou should reach out to Citibank and let them know. I still believe as I've said before this is mostly on the banks not wanting to add more partners.

As for the SpO2 sensor I agree as it was one of the reasons I got my Versa. I've seen some competitors start using it so hopefully this wakes up Fitbit to start as well.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.