Add Hot Yoga (power, sculpt, bikram, Pure Barre)

May hot yoga (power, sculp, bikram) be added within active minutes please!? Currently there is only hatha yoga. Right now I'm using the work around of adding it to MyFitnessPal to add those active minutes (calories burned) to sync with my fitbit. I'd prefer all activity be within my FitBit 🙂 Thank you in advance! 

Moderator Edit: Title for clarity and added labels.

92 Comments
Renner
First Steps

Update excercise opyion Hot Yoga and count calories, sweat proof

leslbc87
First Steps

Could be helpful to see a wider variety of exercises or to be able to add an exercise not listed. Example: hot yoga or bikraham yoga since those are different from yoga and the calories burned are drastically different. Also perhaps a way to indicate running outside or on a treadmill?

BrennaO
First Steps

please add hot yoga or bikram yoga as an activity! This would be amazing. 

charrington
Recovery Runner

Barre!

Please....

Sincerely,

A devoted Bar Method client

Kasymclean
Jogger

Can you please add hot yoga to the list of exercises in the app? 

Meems157
First Steps

Yes please add Bikram yoga! Hopefully this will be a new feature soon since it's been a couple years since this request was made.

Emily827
First Steps

Please add barre! They directed me here when I asked them to add it. It is a major workout, not sure why they don't have it already...

Dancingpam
First Steps

I love barre exercise classes. Apparently, if you have a Charge HR you can get results/information on your app. Can you please make it so we can see Barre results on the Alta HR?

Katyz
First Steps

Please add hot yoga!!  I do it at least 4 times a week for over an hour - it would be helpful to track it properly.

JFantastic007
Jogger

I love tracking my exercise, however my main form of exercise is Pure Barre. I always track it using the “Barre Class” option. I would love to see the option to track Pure Barre Classic and Pure Barre Empower Classes. There is a Pure Barre Class option, however it is using an outside app. 

LyndseyAzlynne
First Steps

PLEASE add Bikram/Hot Yoga option! 

JFantastic007
Jogger

I second adding Hot Yoga as well! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I use the Yoga or Pilates activity option on my Charge 2 HR and would love it if there were a Barre option. I do Barre 4-5 x per week, so it is an activity I do regularly. The FitBit app syncs in with the MindBody app, so I am not sure why it does not include Barre as an activity.

Elunel
First Steps

Dear fitbit, requests for adding bikram and hot yoga to your excercise options are way too long ignored. It cant be that difficult and if you are task oriented this one can be checked from your to do list easily. This excercise is extremely exhausting and I hate it and love it everytime I am there. Being addicted to my fitbit flex 2, I need the fitbit appreciation of my hard work:) thank you very much and kind regards

Raedeezy
First Steps

I agree. I would love to have the option of hot yoga and barre added. I typically do hot yoga more frequently but I'm interested in taking a barre class. 

LABM
Jogger

I use a Surge so maybe newer watches do this already but if not - a suggestion related to yoga: 

Not all yoga practices are the same - it would be great if we could add yoga tracking that accessed heart rate to have a more accurate reading of the level of exertion and calories burned.  Right now you can do a restorative yoga class, gentle yoga, or a hot vinyasa or Ashtanga practice. The watch doesn't usually recognize them and when you add them in manually, they all track the same for calories burned, regardless of heart rate data collected during the workout.  

Dancingpam
First Steps
I totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone
BarregirlTN
Jogger

Please add Barre to the Versa exercise shortcuts

amandah826
First Steps

it’s 2018 and we’re still asking for some yoga logging variety !!!! pls fitbit help us out 

MorganV22
First Steps

Please add barre to exercise shortcut for Fitbit versa.

Thanks!!

YogaGal
First Steps

I see hot yoga requests going back to early 2014. I'm really surprised this has been ignored for so long. I'm adding my vote for Hot and/or Vinyasa/Power styles - they are really intense and popular, and should be better supported.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I am reading all these comments about adding different types of Yoga to the log option on the track exercise section of the Fitbit dated 2014. We are in 2018 now and nothing changed. I think it is really important to improve the Fitbit app with new type of workouts, otherwise regular bikram hot yoga practitioners (or Barre.... or other types of yoga), will eventually switch to another device as calories counting differs a lot. 

I would really like to hear the moderator opinion on this. Our suggestions really matter to FitBit developers? Because in 4 years nothing changed.

Thanks

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just had an interesting chat with the customer care: apparently there are not enough votes for this post. So if we all want Bikram Hot yoga to be added to the fitbit options, we need to vote more for this post!!!

MnMK
First Steps
Since I first posed in this thread, I've gone through 4 Fitbits and just
switched to an Apple Watch. For all the different types of activity Fitbit
has, it's ridiculous that hot yoga still needs to be voted in.
Smaybodi
First Steps

Please please figure out something to track  non step aerobic activities.. most of my time is spent in power yoga and outdoor biking .. forget about the steps ..at least add aerobic activity as a tracked activity

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.