Add Hot Yoga (power, sculpt, bikram, Pure Barre)

May hot yoga (power, sculp, bikram) be added within active minutes please!? Currently there is only hatha yoga. Right now I'm using the work around of adding it to MyFitnessPal to add those active minutes (calories burned) to sync with my fitbit. I'd prefer all activity be within my FitBit 🙂 Thank you in advance! 

Moderator Edit: Title for clarity and added labels.

92 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed!  I am using the same work around as well. 

j22runner
First Steps

Dashingdaisy - lets put a thumbs up so we can get it added, nice to hear I'm not the only one that finds this annoying! Thx!

Cousinanne
Recovery Runner

Hot yoga, pure barre, I need these added as options for activities. Most classes aren't available!

fb2014
Jogger

Agree!

pandaluvart
Jogger

Was wondering if barre workouts could be added to the activity database (assuming there's data/research available to be able to estimate calorie burn). I've added as a custom activity, but not really sure what the calorie burn would be. Thanks!

AllyTX
First Steps

Please add a generic Barre option for tracking exercise! There is really no similar option to substitute. There are studios with sold out classes all over the US - and many of us are fitbit users. Please help!

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback! 

Keruchina
First Steps

Accurate barre (pure barre, barre3) and types of yoga (vinyasa, ashtanga). They aren't easily recorded now.

Meghanmoo
Jogger

I totally agree! There used to be 5 or 6 types of yoga but now just "yoga". Bikram is not the same as Hatha in any way shape or form!

MelanieMarie
First Steps

I follow a Daily Burn program, but don't have a FitBit (yet), so I just use the app on my phone. It's frustrating when I want to enter a workout I did but can't find anything remotely close to what that workout was. So I just make things up. It would be nice to have those listed in there so that I can better track my workouts using the app.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: Added labels

yogamd
Premium User
First Steps

Please, please devise a way to track accurate calories for Bikram (and hot vinyasa) yoga. It is such a popular and effective form of excercise but the calorie burn reads are so underrepresented even with the fitbit chargeHR. After an intense Bikram class it reads I burned 112 calories?? I can't believe that is accurate and I don't want to guess everyday at what the calorie burn is for Bikram (which is why I got the chargeHR in the first place). Thank you! Otherwise I love it and it is (almost) a perfect device!

JanaElbie
First Steps
At the moment the only option when logging yoga is a generic option. There are lots of different types that have a huge difference in effort and energy expenditure so it seems logical that these should be added for accuracy.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contribution @Cousinanne. I'm happy to tell you that you can now log Barre as an activity on your Dashboard. In regard to the Hot Yoga class, our developers are doing their best to try and give all of our users the features and tools they need in order to have the ultimate Fitbit experience. You can also be able to log a Custom Activity on your Dashboard in order to make this process easier and faster.

If you have any other ideas, please feel free to post them or vote for them if they have been already requested.

Yogi1234
First Steps
Would be great to have more yoga options - not all yoga is created equal! Some slower forms are great for stretching and don't burn as many calories, but a power vinyasa class is very aerobic and burns more. Categories should be available for us yogis to more accurately track our yoga practices!
MichelleA2980
First Steps

How can I track Bar Method calories burned with the Fit Bit Flex?

CMJones
First Steps
Why have you deleted bikram yoga from database options for exercise in France ? Before you had many different options for types of yoga and now ashtanga is the only one. Please diversify again! We need more options for yoga ( ie Bikram, Yin, Hatha, Vinyasa).
Zander52
First Steps
I would like to see a workout added for hot yoga. As it is a more intense work out than regular yoga. You sweat a lot more and burn more calories.
liljohn68
First Steps

Please add hot yoga! It is much different than other kinds. Bikram is different than a strong flowing vinyasa style class, which also varies depending if it's hot or regular. There should be at least three yoga options. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for contributing to make the Fitbit exercise list bigger @j22runner! I encourage you keep participating and sharing your ideas over the Community.

Catch you later!

Gembrown
First Steps
Agreed! Please add this as an option
KnightZ
First Steps

Agreed Please add various other Yoga options including Bikram/Hot Yoga!

SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@MelanieMarie Hey! I would like to get more details about what kind of exercises you would like in the Dashboard, like push-ups? 

Remember that in order to have accurate results, you will need to have a Fitbit tracker because this will keep track of all of your information and sync your data to the account. 

Thanks for visiting the Feature Request board! 

MelanieMarie
First Steps
Well, I was thinking more like "Daily Burn's Kettlebell 1" workout. Integrating with workout apps and websites that offer a variety of different workouts that don't fall under current categories would be super useful.

Also, it would be nice if in the app, when you go to log a workout, that it actually had a list you could scroll through to see what the options are, rather than typing a letter and seeing what exercises pop up (or being frustrated when the one you want doesn't pop up).

Does that help?

Melanie

Sent from my phone
CarliFierce
First Steps

Can you add Hot Yoga as an excercise option? I see that it was requested years ago.  Thanks!

gmalebra
First Steps

I would love to see fitbit add Bikram Hot Yoga to their execise list. It is definitely more intense than most other types of yoga. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.