Add MADA (Saudi Arabia) to Fitbit Pay

Many banks compatible with Fitbit pay.
So far, Fitbit pay is not connected to any bank in Saudi Arabia (SA).
However, MADA is the national payment scheme in SA.
It supports all ATM and **ahem** in SA.
All banks in SA are required to issue card compatible with MADA.
If Fitbit Pay support MADA, Fitbit Pay will support SA banks all together.
So, add MADA.
29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fahd_m, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding support for MADA (Saudi Arabia) on Fitbit Pay. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Fahd_m
First Steps

Thank you Yojana for your reply.

If the 464 banks around the world that compatible with Fitbit Pay were chosen by votes

that's will be alright. But if not, that not fair, Fitbit should treat it's customers equal.

However, I'm sure that Fitbit has the data about the number of users at every country,

and it has the ability to prioritize it's customer needs.

Thank you again.

Hope Fitbit support MADA soon.

Mini_0nai
First Steps

Yes I agree, it is really disappointing to see that fitbit pay supports many banks also in Kuwait yet in saudi arabia none of the banks are supported. It would be really helpful if Mada is supported with fitbit pay in saudi arabia . I was really surprised after i bought my charge 4 to find out that payments with saudi arabia banks are not available . Please look into this issue and update us.

Bandar010
Jogger

Unfortunately, Arabic language and MADA payment are not priority for fitbit developers. Just to let you know that among 2030 vision of Saudi Arabia there's among the programs, the Quality of Life Vision Realization Program improves individuals’ lifestyles by developing an ecosystem to support and create new options that boost citizens’ and residents’ participation in cultural, environment, and sports activities. This is particularly important for fitbit to consider and of course you guys know how much people there are willing to pay for such technologies like smartwatch.

Such support has become inevitable.

Hope to hear good news about that soon.👍🏻

Regards, 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please, totally agree

Arabic language support is a must since you have a big market in Arabic countries. And adding MADA pay would be really appreciated 

Moaad
First Steps

I just bought fitbit versa 2 

The first thing i tried to do is adding my MADA card but unfortunately i was disappointed by not supporting it!!

You need to provide better experience for the user's all around the world, being only a fitness tracker is not enough. 

Abdullah1
First Steps

I just surprised yesterday after buying fitbit senes that fitbit not support any bank in Saudi, that's really shame comparing the the hundreds banks that's been supported all over the world.. I know it from the beginning after buying many fitbit products, Arabic language and countries not important for them.. So thanks I will return the senes back. 

Ghanem224
First Steps

If I knew fitbit sense does not support any bank in Saudi Arabia, I will buy apple watch instead!!

It is shame either fitbit does not support Arabic language! 

MohdKarim
First Steps

The Saudi Payments Network or mada[1] (formerly SPAN) is the only and major payment system in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia established by Ministry of Finance under the supervision of Saudi Central Bank. It connects all ATM and Point of Sale(**ahem**) terminals throughout the country to a central payment switch which in turn re-routes the financial transactions to the card issuer (local bank, Visa, American Express or MasterCard). All banks in Saudi Arabia are required by the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) to issue ATM cards fully compatible with the network. All services are provided to the customer free of charge, regardless of the ATM used, its operator, or the customer's card issuer.Mada provides its services through over than 17,000 ATM machines and over 225,000 **ahem** terminals in the Kingdom. In cooperation with global payment systems such as Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro, mada allows access to millions of ATMs and **ahem** terminals worldwide.

moalyahya
First Steps

yessss please we agree we relly need it

Bandar010
Jogger

Hope to hear something new and positive from Fitbit developers about Arabic support and adding MADA payment network to Fitbit.

Ghanem224
First Steps

Samba bank gave this advantage of using their credit cards on fitbit watch but we still want it to be with Mada. 

francism08
First Steps

yes its already 2021 and still no

Bank supported here in Saudi Arabia, i hope fitbit will hear about this concern. For us to use fitbit pay. Please fibit expand our bank options here in Arabia.

DrDavid911
Jogger

Please Add MADA (Saudi Arabia) to Fitbit Pay these is mandatory to activate NFC Pay, No any Bank cards accepted in fitbet within KSA

Moderator edit: format

Mizna
First Steps

Ok fitbit we need Arabic support and Saudi banks support MADA would be amazing key features are useless in Saudi Arabia + the SpO2 face 

Emaar
First Steps

I was ready to buy a Fitbit watch because of this Fitbit feature and am now considering buying it because you are not supporting more than one bank (samba-and it's about to close soon-) So please develop the upgrade of this feature so that you can attract customers' attention to buy from you

MohdKarim
First Steps
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Bandar010
Jogger

Still hope to hear official feedback from Fitbit on Arabic support and some other features support like MADA. We need to be aware of Fitbit's future plans and whether we should be optimistic.

Silence is not what we want. Come on guys put us on the stage.

regards,

Khameesz
First Steps

Please add Alinma Bank and SNB to Fitbit pay. I'm so disappointed. And please add Arabic language support to Fitbit watchs and trackers.

Mizna
First Steps

One of the main reasons buyers steer clear from fitbit it's lack of regional apps whereas apple and Samsung provide everything fitbit lacks 

It's 2022 and fitbit is still trying to find enough feedback!!!

MohdKarim
First Steps
It is unfortunate, for FitBit, & all those who bought its wearables that it is still unsupported by Banks in Saudi Arabia. After, long wait for this service, I gave up & migrating to Apple Watch !

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Bandar010
Jogger

I think fitbit will never ever listen to fitbit Arab users. It's unknown why we're in 2022 and still can't read Arabic in our watches.

Local banks support is another issue. 

The indirect message we may understand from Fitbit is that fitbit watches are not made for Arab customers. 

Then, we should not be urged to stay using these useless watches while other competitors provide full support in the Middle Eastern Market.

It's really my mistake buying Sense, the mistake is bigger when I was optimistic about fulfilling the region's needs which will never happen.

Bye fitbit! 😒

HichamBouzid
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit 

It been 2 years already. Are you gonna ever support MADA pay ? Do you at least have plans for the near future or should I just get rid of my new watch ?

I was so disappointed when I couldn't link my MADA card. I should've search a little more before buying the watch.

Ericb1925
Jogger

If only i knew.. i just bought versa 3 today.. if only i knew that it doesnt support MADA and SNB which replace SAMBA. I would have not bought this

Emraan
First Steps

We need Fitbit pay in Saudi Arabia,so many people using Fitbit watches in Saudi Arabia kindly add payment option ASAP.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.