Add Sit Ups/Push Ups to Exercise!

When logging exercise, I wish there were more options under calisthenics like sit-ups, push-ups, etc. Those are some of the most common exercises! 🙂

Moderator edit: Labels 

64 Comments
wadev
First Steps

Would you please make pushups a trackable activity?

Thanks!

Lessorino
Jogger

Yes I agree with @wadev. Any way of adding a type of exercise like push ups that can't use GPS, enter repetitions, hold time, exertion level, rest periods, etc to calculate/reasonably estimate calorie burn.

I tried to add some rehab exercises but I was asked about calories burnt?? How am I supposed to figure that out? So I haven't entered the data...

Exercises I am doing at the moment for ACL (knee) rehab include calf raises, leg extension, single leg balancing, VMO contraction, leg lifts, and stretches.

All of these things burn extra calories so it would be a very useful feature. You will also be tapping into a market that isn't very well looked after at the moment.

JayHort
First Steps

Yes,  for the custom activity, there shouldn't be only an option to track distance which is the optional section, but it should have an option to type in Reps and weight for those people who weight train.

EthanMerrell
First Steps

Yes, push ups and sit ups that can be loged on the app would be a great function and would allow you to extend your app to include push up challenges and situps. I really think you could get more users into the challenges with added features. 

Minkmann
Jogger

Yes, I agree with all previous comments.  Adding a a category for pushups and situps would be very helpful. 

DanielBastos
Stepping Up

Amiigo has the same hardware as Fitbit devices, or maybe less competitive.

They can track reps. Recognize strenght training patterns. It should not be so hard if they managed.

amiigo.com

This way you can win over lots of exercise fanatics, not only runners and bikers.

Thanks,

Slick-SOLMC
First Steps
Is there anyway that you can add individual work out reps such as push ups and sit ups. Thanks.
grannyjannieme
Recovery Runner

I'm an old timer.  Is there a logout button or something I should use when I am finished logging in all of my food  etc.   ?

mcladrad
First Steps

Being able to count reps / manually add reps as a stat in the activity log would be great! Or add it as an optional tile to the dashboard.

Minkmann
Jogger

Agree with earlier comments, please make a group for push ups and sit ups.

vincenzo
Recovery Runner

Just came across a very interesting weight training tracker called  the Beast sensor. It tracks reps, weight lifted, total volume, predicts one rep max, rep speed, personal bests, historic for each exercise, looks great. I wish Fitbit would add the same more serious analytics for the One and other devices for those of us who weight train. http://www.thisisbeast.com/en/product

mvwalls
First Steps

I agree with everyone. If you can't track anaerobic activity you are behind the power curve. Please please add this!

WHEN-D74
First Steps

Totally agree!!! For those of us who weight train this would be SO helpful!!!  Please Please Please!!

ariellehaze
First Steps

Fitbit really needs to add reps for situps, push-ups, dips, and other body exercises!  I used to use SparkPeople, and they allowed it.  I wish I could have it all in one with FitBit.  They should add this in.

I don't use weights or equipment.  I use my body to do training... situps, dips, push-ups, etc.  So, we should be able to add in reps and number of each exercise.  This whole start-end time doesn't work for these types of exercises!

i rould love that feature in my flex. 

Im currently doing 190 push ups a day and I really want to log this activity correctly.

TheNeighbour
First Steps

Yes. Why is one (or two including sit-ups) of the most common exercises that people do, not a recordable activity?

Surely if you want to be the number one app for health and fitness that would be included!?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello,

Please add:

1/ Sit-ups (crunches)

2/ Pull-ups

Also a field for repetitions.

Thank you.

Natcam1995
First Steps

Yeah the one by atlas wearables automatically counts sets and reps and catagorises the exercise, wish fitbit did that

dajones
First Steps

...and situps!

Jono_clarke
First Steps

I am not sure if this has been put forward before but i would be great if the fitbit could record the amount of reps i do at the gym on the free weights. I know would probably have manually record the weight but somewhere to record this would be great 🙂 

Tryingtofitjess
First Steps
Push ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks etc. should be able to manually add for exercise tracking. Reps, sets, time, High intensity workouts. I follow different types of instructors that are specifically repitition managed. Not being able to track this deviates my actual workout since it's not running, walking, hiking or other things. I own a Flex.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This could help people to log specifics activities and get more accurate results on the activities that you're logging. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request boardSmiley Happy

robinwag
Jogger
I agree!!!
SandyME
Jogger
I do a bunch of floor exercises and agree that push-ups, squats, sit-ups, plank, need to be added.
Deand
Powerwalker
Take a leaf out of runtastic sit up and push up apps.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.