Add Skiing/skating to Activities

Why is there no skiing activity to the activity list on device??? With GPS its a great platform to track runs. Please add soon.

643 Comments
dbolden
Runner
Integration with Ski Tracks would be an excellent solution. I use Ski Tracks and it is great. I doubt Fitbit could provide anything of similar quality and utility even with significant effort.
Crazee_jamie
Jogger

Please add. A snowboard activity to exercises. Having to use hike at present

Would make my fitbit perfect!

Moderator edit: added labels

Jy1171
First Steps
If it were possible to accurately get readings for calories when cross-country skiing I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated in the Fitbit community by those who regularly ski and would like to use the Fitbit during this type of exercise.
drPetr
First Steps

Very much agree! It would add to Surge's appeal was the Skiing included in activities - cross country and downhill (including boarding). 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great suggestion! This can really take winter exercising to other level. I can see myself and others taking advantage of this. 

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest to set your tracker in to exercise mode and/or you can create your custom activity. To do so, do the following:

1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

Thanks for sharing this awesome suggestion! 🙂 

TimMixon
First Steps

There are a lot of activities like skiing that the surge should be able to track.   If it is not an option on the watch, we should at least be able to change the activity on the log later.   I am currently logging all my Cross Country Skiing as Biking.   It seems trivial to let us change the log to one of the custom activities.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

RufusDelsol
Jogger
How about surfing? You have snorkeling... is that an exercise activity?
Crazee_jamie
Jogger
Plan to ride the Kitzsteinhorn tomorrow. Will try and get the suggestion you made up and running. Otherwise it will be another 'hike'.. With uplifts and a board under my feet!
mitchellkp
Jogger
Add skiing as an exercise. Emulate Ski Tracks features.
Big-Jerry
Jogger

The reason I got a Surge was to track my cross country skiing with a GPS. I am very dissapointed that I have to track it using the Hiking mode. I think it's a bad sign that XC skiing is tagged as implemented when it is not.

Jerry

mehhh
First Steps

Please add cross country skiing as a category the same as Biking, or atleast add the possibility to add a "workout" which also use GPS so we're able to get distance and map tracking. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed.  Need to add Snowboarding. Using Fitbit Charge and having to choose skiing is not quite the same.  Its crazy you have snowblower but not snowboarding.

AwakeNDreaming
First Steps

YES please add snowboarding.There are way too many of us that do it. PLEASE

laffen72
First Steps

Please add cross country skiing as a category

roketmn
Recovery Runner

Seams like it has been over a year and there is no cross country skiing exercise mode on the surge. Are you unable to program an algorythim. The surge has GPS, HR, and altitude. Let's get with it FITbit support staff!

esp1lk1
First Steps

I add my vote to the request for cross country skiing on the Surge

In countries like Norway this is one of the most common form of training acitivities, and it differs quite much from hiking

Crazee_jamie
Jogger
Plleeeeeeease sort it out for us!!! We are not hikers or skiiers!
Amelea_hauer52
First Steps
I have the fitbit surge and I think you guys need to add a option for cross-country skiing because the calories and milage are not correct for the sport.
bRadJNei
Jogger
+1 for Cross Country Ski tracking with GPS. @Fitbit: Why can't I vote for this Feature Request???
dsv
Jogger

Runkeeper does it, why can't fitbit?

roketmn
Recovery Runner

manual input of an activity after the fact is of little value to me! It's no better than keeping a spread sheet. the potential value of of wearing the surge is not realized. Please add a surge selectable exercise for cross country skiing to capture the exercise real time.

Hutchy49
First Steps
Had my Surge for about a month - and loving it. Only one request - that 'Ski' be added to the Exercises available. Total distance covered, distance of descents, average speed of each descent and of total descents, max speed, height gained - this would be a magnificent addition. Great product, looking forward to future developments.
Huffski
Jogger
Ditto. Yes please.
Crazee_jamie
Jogger
I dont think the surge can tell when i am using an uplift... Time for an update please!!!
TimMixon
First Steps

All,

I have given up on Fitbit to impliment activities like Cross Country Skiing well.   My solution is to have all my activities sent to Strava.   They have a much better interface for GPS activities.   No steps are required once you set up the link.   Otherwise I like my Surge.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.