Add Spotify music control for the Charge 5

It would be great if music controls could be added to the Charge 5
I have this on my Versa 1 which is several years old now
General music controls are great as you can use them whilst in an exercise
If that's not technically possible, then the Spotify Controls App for the Charge 4 being made available for the Charge 5 would make sense

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

94 Comments
EcoChris
Jogger

Any updates from Fitbit? I'm so dissapointed with my Charge 5. Music control should be available for a fitness band at that price range. 

Klh_tx
Jogger
I haven’t heard anything.., and I am also disappointed

Karen
joshijai2
First Steps

Just received this product today and I'm feeling so betrayed! Such a basic feature is not available in charge 5.

I thought of upgrading to the best smartband in the market and it's missing music control. It's not like it was never there in charge series. How can this be an upgrade for charge 4.

Not to mention several complaints I read in the community about the issues with charge 5😢.

Would be more than happy to return this product if seller allows!!

cawill
Jogger

I agree with everyone’s post. I can’t understand why a feature would be available in an older model and not a newer one especially one that everyone enjoys. Why does the Charge 5 not have the capability to access Spotify? The Charge 4 has it, but suddenly it disappears with the newer model? What’s even more annoying is I bought the 5 because my 4 broke and I thought it also had Spotify. I would have bought a cheaper older molder from Amazon or something. Please add Spotify back. 

hakeesh
First Steps

Just adding to the chorus of ppl asking to add Spotify controls to the Charge 5. There is no mention of it being excluded after the Charge 4, I only realised after purchasing. Please update ASAP

NicMon13
First Steps
The Charge 4 had a Spotify integration but for some reason that has been removed for the 5. Why is this? Can we please have it back? I purchased the 5 based off the assumption that in addition to the new features I wanted, that the Spotify integration would be functional.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NicMon13, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Charge 5 with Spotify. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

JinoraBea
First Steps

I just bought the charge 5 today and I'm going to return it because I thought it already had Spotify 😒

crisan
First Steps

I just bought the Fitbit Charge 5 today. At first glance, everything seemed fine, super nice design and interesting features.

Afterwards, I wanted to skip the music that was playing on my phone...and here was a MAXIMUM DISAPPOINTMENT. How on earth does a fitness tracker, that claims to be top notch, to NOT be able to even skip a track on your phone? And from what I understand, the previous version, Charge 4, had this possibility.

Please let me know if this feature is considered to be delivered, and if so, what would be the estimated time. Because the decision to return this bracelet depends on this feature for me.

Thanks!

MagnificentMM
Jogger
A Spotify Connect app for the Fitbit Charge 5 that is like the one that the Versa has, but suited for the Charge 5's smaller display.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MagnificentMM, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Spotify music control to the Charge 5 with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

mmarsh476
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit Hi, so this idea has been posted for almost a year now but I don't see any actual updates. What's going on with this feature request? Why would they remove features from a newer model....

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to support this idea. As you know, our developers evaluate every idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board, and track their demand over time. Currently this request is under review and once we have more details, we'll update it accordingly.

To learn more about this board and how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released, see our FAQs. Thanks again for your patience and watch this space for status updates.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When I found out Charge 5 didn't have Spotify controls, I felt misled. Now I see many others read the tracker's description in the same way I did. Please add this ability back to the Charge lineup so Charge 5 isn't a pretend upgrade to the Charge 4. 

MaxMusicLover
First Steps

The charge 5 needs a spotify app or at least basic notification controls for media playing on a nearby phone. I will be returning my Charge 5 for a refund and buying something from Garmin instead. (Made an account just to say this.)

Spacesintheair
First Steps

To be honest, I’m unpleasantly flabbergasted after buying myself a Charge 5 yesterday and found out the Weather neither Spotify app from my Charge 4 didn’t continu. How come? Will we end with a Charge 8 made of stone?

Spacesintheair
First Steps

It’s totally depressing like buying a new car, ready to go and finding out they didn’t tell you the windows no longer open. How come that Fitbit wants to force me singing a song myself again during running? Which I can’t cause it needs to much of my breath for which I need to start building some condition first. Lost their way at Fitbit where they only say about comments about these apps ‘thank you’ and ‘o your comment made us so much learn’. Just explain me: why did you close the windows again? 

cawill
Jogger

All great questions. I feel duped.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Spacesintheair
First Steps

I keep wondering why we should vote again (and Fitbit starts waiting for the number of votes - again) for an option like Spotify controls for which obviously already was voted far enough for in earlier versions of the Charge series. As if we again need to vote for the resurrection of Jezus Christ for the second time. The lackness of any serious story behind this inimitable way of designing makes me clear that the next Charge 6 model in all probability only exists of a clock on a wristband from the idea that if buyers want to have some tracking options again, they best do start some voting for this crazy old option. Followed by Charge 7 which is only a wristband and model 8 that’s nothing in a box except a card with a thank you message for your gift to Fitbit. Charge 10 will be someone nocking at the door, asking for money. Ending up with Charge 11 (holy number) which consists of a cardboard message somewhere in town to just donate. 

Kkappy
First Steps

Why on earth would you not keep Spotify on the 5?!? I pay fot my Spotify account & one of the main reasons is because it integrated with my Charge 4. I just upgraded to the 5 and was beyond disappointed about Spotify being gone. Might return the new 5 because of this! 😕

Nicosdogs
First Steps

I totally agree I had the charge 4 and my husband purchased the chase 5 as a gift for me and I was shocked that there wasn't Spotify on it - I'll go back to my charge 4 til it dies - hopefully by then they're have had a software update that will include Spotify to the 5 

DRXP
Jogger

I just ordered the 5 from Amazon and want to return it now, also

orders bands and all of that.
so frustrated there is no music control when every other product available does.

i am one of the last of my friends to stick with fitbit and the previous models have music control for Spotify? 
how out dated, i maybe never buy a google product again.

Kkappy
First Steps
Agreed! So disappointed with the loss of the Spotify integration as well as
the weather 😠 After being a long time, loyal customer, I'm thinking this
will be my last purchase.
JacobBrockman
Recovery Runner

Okay I'll say what I said before in the weather app for charge 5 this post isn't going to gain enough popularity. Why you ask? It's because the only people who are going to find this site and this form are charge 5 users and given charge 5's bad rep there aren't very many of those out there. However as I said in the weather app from for charge 5 the Spotify control app is as well just as much NEEDED on the charge 5 as the weather app and the fact nobody from the Fitbit company can understand these basic features, expectations, and at this point... Requirements for any smart watch/ smart fitness tracker shows that A. The people at Fitbit care less about their community than their money B. The people at the Fitbit company have less brain cells between their two earlobes C. They care even less about people's physical and mental health than the people behind the charge 3/4 did. Considering this is a health tracker you'd think peoples mental and physical health would be considered. Scientific studies prove music dose infact help calm the mind and body as music dose have a effect on mood as well. As for the weather app please keep in mind this a a physical health and safety hazard. As weather can change at any time the live updates on your Fitbit can help you remain safe; for example if the weather was severe heat and you saw this on your Fitbit your less likely to go out for a run, or would at least be careful to bring lots of cold water with you. If the weather was rain, sleet, or heck even sever thunderstorm to a possibility of a tornado your watch could hint to this with symbols/words and you would probably take the necessary safety precautions. Having this info on a health/fitness watch considering how it directly connects to your mental and physical health not to mention your safety. And this bags the question dose Fitbit a physical and mental health smart tracker company really care about your physical health/safty and mental health/safety or in the end have they grown soo big that they only care about the money? The charge 5 points more for the money side than the health side. Fitbit there is a reason the weather app and Spotify app are on all your newer watches... It's not just for fun... Peoples mental health/safety, and physical health/safety where considered when these apps where originally added I am sure.

chablanc
Stepping Up

Why the hesitation to install Spotify on Charge 5? I assume commercial terms with Spotify for Charge 4 can be used for Charge 5.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.