Add Stretching as activity

Just got my Charge 3 yesterday. Things I'm noticing that I'd like to see chage in.

(1) The time the unit displays on wake-up (moving the wrist) is a bit short. Would prefer display stays on a second or two longer. Or, please give us a setting we can adjust. 

(2) For exercise types, I would like to see "Stretching" as an option to track time for. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and label

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dbe4876 !

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions. We can see that you have shared two of ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled and labelled your idea accordingly. Please repost your other ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

There currently is a suggestion for a longer screen time that you may as your vote to @dbe4876 

Longer Screen Time for Charge 3

CGKat
Jogger

Having stretching as an exercise that can be loaded on my Charge 2 is something I would use, and would like to see.  I was not able to find where I could vote for this feature.  I would vote for it, if I was able to find out where to go.

Chenzo57
First Steps
there should be optional stretching exercises before a fitbit workout.

often times i'm SUPER sore after a work out and I think that could be avoided if I had stretched beforehand.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Chenzo57, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "stretching" as en exercise on Fitbit. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Amyrami2
First Steps

Yes!  Please add stretching as an exercise!

MichaelVictoria
Recovery Runner
Within the exercise tracking on the band, please add stretching. Thank you.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MichaelVictoria, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Stretching as an activity. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Chawntay
First Steps

Yes! We need a stretching exercise. My Samsung watch had it and I loved it. Recently switched back to fitbit.

Renewed_mind
Recovery Runner

Sometimes all I do is stretch, and thata plenty of exercise, and I know a lot of older people who use Fitbit that can only stretch as well.

While I understand that there are plenty of people using the other options, right now the only option we have that's anywhere close is yoga, and that's not really the same thing as just stretching your arms, legs, back, etc.

Kjohns2310
First Steps

I'd love to be able to track my stretching as an exercise!

Steels07
Runner

I agree please add stretching to the exercise app. 🙂👍🏿

BitfitUser0001
First Steps

I followed a Fitbit Stretching Video (Stretch Break with Coach Mark) and he starts by telling me to track the exercise.

There is no "Stretching" type excise option, so I used "Aerobic" - which is clearly not right.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.