Add Total Daily Steps to Exercise GPS Feature, Please

I love the exercise/GPS trascker function that was added with the latest update.  I used to use MapMyWalk for this function but like working within the FitBit app to do the same thing.  I would like, however, to be able to see my total steps for the day while using the GPS function without needing to pause my workout.  Is it possible to add 'total steps' to the GPS tracking screen?  Alternatively, could you enable toggling between the dashboard and GPS without pausing the workout?

Thanks for your consideration.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

4 Comments
Status changed to: Under Consideration
DaveKFitbit
Keeping Pace
Thanks for your feedback, we'll take it under consideration!
Donnashere
Jogger

@becurtis Love this suggestion , came on here to post the same suggestion! 

Along with the distance notifications it would be great to hear how many steps /stairs you have done on your walk / run !   I find as well I have to pause the exercise to see where I am at as I love being goal orientated on the number of steps and stairs I have achieved:) 

Heart

KMack
Jogger

Please add either toggling between the Track Exercise and Dashboard, or add the view to steps on GPS tracker.  I love using the tracker for a run...but then I have no way of knowing how close I am to my steps goal for the day.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.