Add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App

Re-add the ability to add/update/delete alarms in mobile apps and sync to all fitbit devices. A recent firmware update seems to have removed this capability from mobile apps and it seems it is only possible to do this on the watch itself. I would like to see this functionality added back to the mobile apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

159 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GregH48, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set silent alarms again on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Dmsl
Jogger
Could you please allow to set up the alarms on the App? It should be evident that it was the wrong move.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dmsl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JD3071
Jogger
Add the alarm feature back in the apps for the Fitbit charge three
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JD3071, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

delovelyest
First Steps
Setting (and modifying) alarms on the Fitbit watch face itself is cumbersome and unwieldy. This functionality needs to be added back to the app ASAP. New firmware update is unacceptable without this fix.
JohnMcyyz
First Steps

Really miss not having the alarm in the app.   For those of us a little visually challenged it was much easier to navigate in the app and really hard to see on the watch and easy to make a mistake on the watch.  It is also more time consuming.   Please bring it back in the app!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @delovelyest, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add ability to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ARW3
First Steps
I just updated my fitbit software, went to set a silent alarm and then spent the next two hours researching why it disappeared, and "exercise shortcuts" was still there. Bizarre! Disappointing and frustrating and hard to figure out why you would remove that option. Does your data show customers don't set them this way?
Katrina1963
First Steps
Add the alarm feature back on to the App. Trying to do it on the device is inconvenient and difficult to see/use.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ARW3. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set your silent alarms on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Katrina1963. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to set your silent alarms on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JD3071
Jogger
Since the release update was added the only way you can set the silent alarms is by the device I do not like it I was told you could do it at your account level but you Can’t. The face is too small and it takes 5 to 10 minutes to set alarm correctly were you get repeating days in my opinion the functionality is horrible. Please put Back on app
JD3071
Jogger
I just sent a post please put The silent alarm function back on the app speaking for myself I’m gonna give it a few weeks and if it does not look like that’s going to be change I am going to get another tracker and I’m sorry but it won’t be Fitbit
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JD3071. Thanks for taking the time to share this idea about setting your silent alarms in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

BruceBC
First Steps
I wasted my time updating my Fitbit Charge 3's app last night, only to find that you'd removed the silent alarms function. That was one of the things that made your app impressive. Now? Meh. The ability to set multiple alarms, quickly and easily on the app was excellent. The new approach of setting one alarm, on the band, is, frankly, lame.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BruceBC. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to set your silent alarms back in the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

hdodge20
Jogger
I understand that the option to set/change/remove an alarm was taken away from the app and can only be manipulated via the device. This is a very poor choice as people who have poor eyesight depend on using the Fitbit app instead of using the device since you can use your phone to make things easier to read! Please consider making the alarm an opti
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @hdodge20, thanks for explaining why you would like to add alarms on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Lindeberg
Recovery Runner
I updated the FW on my Charge 3 yesterday and found out that the Silent Alarms triggering in the app has been removed. This is a huge downgrade and disappointment, as this is one of the core features in my Fitbit usage.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lindeberg. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to manage your alarms in the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ryansok
Jogger
For users with limited/restricted vision (I.E. accessibility), removing Alarms from the App and only in the device is a show-stopper. Had my Charge 3 for 2 years and depend on it for setting different alarms, based on day of week. This is now completely broken. You obviously don't have a diverse enough staff to have IDed this issue.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ryansok. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to manage your alarms on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MrSteven
First Steps
Due to a disability, it is easier to set and manage alarms in the app than on the Fitbit device itself. Also, it takes more steps and more time to manage alarms on the device. By not being able to manage the alarms on the app, it has made usage of the fitbit much more difficult.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MrSteven, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set alarms back to the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.