Add an altimeter to the Charge 5

The charge 5 would be perfect if it had an altimeter to count floors.
Please could you add an altimeter to a future charge series. For now I shall stick with my charge 3.

Moderator edit: Formatting
57 Comments
LisaKuntz
Keeping Pace
Please bring back the altimeter to next version of Charge 5 tracker!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LisaKuntz, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the altimeter to the Charge 5 with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Mezyanne
First Steps
I'm a hill runner and I've just changed to a charge 5 after my charge 4 died. I'm so disappointed it doesn't map my elevation gain! Please bring it back, I feel I've wasted my money on this as it doesn't do what I need. It isn't something that is listed on any specifics so you don't know when buying.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mezyanne, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding an altimeter to the Charge 5 with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

DimiDimiDI
First Steps
Climb data is a key metric for many fitness enthusiasts. It helps us track our progress, set goals, and stay motivated. It's also essential for athletes, hikers, and anyone who wants to improve their fitness.
MakMak
10K Racer

Hi, @DimiDimiDI! The Charge 5 does not have the hardware (altimeter) to add this feature.

EstuardoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@DimiDimiDI Thanks for sharing your Product Feedback about the capability to track floors with the Charge 5. I just merged your suggestion to a previous post that is asking to add the same option.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.