Add an altimeter to the Charge 5

The charge 5 would be perfect if it had an altimeter to count floors.
Please could you add an altimeter to a future charge series. For now I shall stick with my charge 3.

Moderator edit: Formatting
57 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Caz525, and thanks for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of adding an altimeter to the newly released Charge 5. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

Deechev
First Steps
Altimeter on any of the new charges
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Deechev, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding an altimeter to the Charge 5 to track your floors with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

M.Nowak
First Steps
I just bought and configured my Charge 5 and was disappointed to see that Stair tracking has disappeared. During COVID this became a key way for me to exercise in doors and setting a goal of something simple like 50 slights of stairs help me lose weight and stay in shape.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @M.Nowak, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing the floor tracking back to the Charge 5 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

APStarr
First Steps
Without Altimeter Charge 5 is a downgrade.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @APStarr, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the floor tracking ability to the Charge 5 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

saxenaksharad
First Steps
I just received Charge 5 and it is missing the stair counter. This is a deal breaker for me as this was the most useful tracking for my daily activity
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @saxenaksharadthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of tracking floors with the Charge 5. I noticed a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. This section is regularly monitored by the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

Nadvr
First Steps
Counting floors on Fitbit 5.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nadvr, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding the ability to track floors to the Charge 5 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

Madzeuxis
First Steps
Bought a Charge 5 as a gift and was very disappointed to find the altimeter has gone. Will be returning it if this can’t be added. This is not an upgrade from the Charge 4. Please add this feature back to the Charge series.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Madzeuxis, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an altimeter on the Charge 5. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

KendraAllred
First Steps
It's been made pretty clear that Charge 5 won't be getting an altimeter upgrade but, I like a lot of other Fitbit member would appreciate the Altimeter back on the next release of the Charge. Removal of the Altimeter was a deal breaker & downgrade. If not brought back next round I'll be finding family & friends new fitness trackers elsewhere.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KendraAllred, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add an altimeter to the Charge 5. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

EJNIV
Base Runner
Just curious and suspect with the modifications from Charge 4 to Charge 5 it will not happen. That said, I liked on my Charge 4 seeing stairs climbed (3 story townhouse :-)). Any chance it might come back to the Charge 5? Thanks.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EJNIV, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding the option to track floors to the new Charge 5. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

gretchina
First Steps
Bring back the stair counter or at a minimum offer a clearly explained alternative. I’m guessing that using the GPS could somehow work.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gretchina, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to track stairs with Charge 5. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

CalgaryMike
Jogger
I had a Charge 2, upgraded to a Charge 4 & it died after wearing it swimming, something I thought it was capable of surviving. It wasn't. I was in month 13 of ownership, so no warranty. Now I've bought a Charge 5, it must be better with more features, right? NOPE! Stair count is gone - always worked well on my other Fitbits! BRING BACK STAIRS!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CalgaryMike, thanks for taking the time to share this idea about being able to track floors with the Charge 5. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

A.Kiran.M
Stepping Up
Please enable floor directly or through paired mobile.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @A.Kiran.M, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an altimeter to track floors on Charge 5. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

lgold
Jogger
I just got my new Charge 5, but it isn't tracking number of floors like all my previous Charge Trackers did. This was an invaluable part of my data, esp. as it showed how much climbing I did on every bike ride and every walk/hike. Please reinstate this daily-used feature to the Charge 5 and subsequent models of the Charge series.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lgold, thanks for taking the time to share this idea about being able to track floors with the Charge 5. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.