Add body measurement feature

Can you please add a feature to track your body measurements: chest, waist, hips, thigh, and arm? I would like see my progress in inches +/-. When I'm not losing weight, I want to make sure the body inches are still going down. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

395 Comments
justdenise61
Jogger
Please return the option to record body measurements
justdenise61
Jogger
I used those as reference when I went to he dr.
EmilyP1981
Jogger
Hi, it would be great if there was a way to track body measurements as well as weight and body fat in the app.

Storing before and progress photos would be amazing too but don't want to push my luck!

I'm conscious that you can't always tell progress from weight alone so the other measures would be great.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is a great idea, i would like this feature too as i'm going to the gym i'll be putting on muscle weight so body measurements is a good indictaion of whether i'm trimming down or not! 

Thanks!

izznoland
Jogger

I agree.  Since there is a place for body fat % when logging weight, it would be nice to input the required measurements based on sex and it automatically log this information with something like the CDC's formulas or other standard formula for lean body mass, body fat weight, and body fat percentage.

dcurtis11
First Steps

agree! 

Heavenlyaz
Jogger
I agree also!
Sultanmerchant
Tempo Runner

YES BRING IN BMI AND BP in Charge HR

melly11
Base Runner
I like this idea. .thanks for posting it..I've voted for it in support
MidniteSun
First Steps

Dear FitBit Team,

Please add the body measurement feature to both app and dashboard/web interface.  I found that my weight is going up with lots of exercise and weight training but that my waist has decreased and other body measurements have changed as well.

It is a demotivator for people to soley base their progress on weight.  Weight gain may cause people to quit their progress when in fact their overall fitness/health may be improving.

Thank you for your time.

loothi
Recovery Runner

Yes please. I don't want to be a slave to my scale! It's a must saner way to track body shape. Please put this on.

Jaja401
First Steps
I am suggesting that a body measurement section should be added to the Fitbit Alta software! Similar to the weightlog but with body measurements also!
Kellerfl
Stepping Up
Agree...hope this is how I "vote" for body measurements, would love to have everything in one app!
CourtneyHK
Recovery Runner
I'm voting for this as well. Body measurements and progress photos are a necessity.
dawnitron
First Steps

Yes please! body measurements are key! It's not just about weightloss or maintenance. I want to be able to track how my body is changing, by measuring and tracking: waist, chest, biceps, forearms, quads, & calves.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
TarinFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for the idea! This type of feature has been removed, you can find information on this decision here "Old manual logging pages will be retired on 8/31"

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi as I'm logging my weight it seems a good idea to be able to log my body measurements too! Also the lean vs fat would be actually usable once this feature is added as currently mine is no help. It just shows my weigh change as there's not way to add body measurements on to the app/site
Xandir
Keeping Pace

Oh, yes. Lets discuss this decision on a thread closed a year ago.

Tracking measurements is clearly a feature your customers want and have a good reason to want since body measurement tracking is more useful for weightloss than weight tracking alone.

Declining this feature (actually removing already implemented feature) can only be plain stupidity or motivated by hope to boost sales of your of aria scales. If its the later, I have to tell you that its not going to work out like that. You are just giving away your customers to companies with better apps.

cmj17
First Steps
Why is there not a space in the app to track body measurements. An overwhelming amount of users have requested this feature.
andrewhodge
First Steps

For middle aged men especially, its the main thing.  Thinking of abandoning weight, as I put it on when I go to the gym. If its going to take long, I might just wioe my weight dat, and start using as waist - though it will still shouw as weight/kg rather than waist/cm  

Shelbi
First Steps

I, like a lot of others, would rather track my body measurements (ie; calf, thigh, hips, waist, bust, arms, etc) than just my weight. Sometimes a lot of people workout or train enough to where they get to a point that they can't/don't need to necessarily lose weight, but they're still losing/gaining muscle, which then makes their weight flunctuate in a different way. I think if you're really into fitness, it shouldn't be all about the number on a scale, but seeing numbers in a different way such as body measurements and seeing your progress in that way. I did see that it was once a feature and that it got removed, which is upsetting since I didn't get mine before it got removed. I would absolutely love to see it come back as a feature! It's the only other thing I need on my Fitbit!

dawesi
First Steps

Just make it a dynamic item and have a list of 5-10 regular ones as a drop-down combo ,but allow new entries for custom.

I simply can't believe this was removed (face-palm moment FitMit). Goes to show the devs don't eat their own dogfood, or they have never had to lose weight ever. Time to hire some 40+ year old males (and someone outside California (in the real world) would be nice.)

SuperGsrdener
First Steps
I want to be able to track my body measurements for inches lost. I'm using this app, my watch, and scale in conjunction with WeightWatchers.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

If your really interested in why? There is a link to the explanation under the declined status. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I did a quick search and find that this is a duplicate of this, this and this and this

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.