Add body measurement feature

Can you please add a feature to track your body measurements: chest, waist, hips, thigh, and arm? I would like see my progress in inches +/-. When I'm not losing weight, I want to make sure the body inches are still going down. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

395 Comments
Emosolo
Stepping Up

For 7 years people having been requesting these metrics return to the app with almost 2000 people voting for it and there being over 350 comments.  Measurements should be included by default and I was shocked to find out that I cannot record my measurements.  I don't consider this a feature, it should exist by default as it does with almost all other fitness apps and devices.

When it comes time to upgrade from my sense, I am likely going to find a product that is more inclusive and flexible.

Apyshale
Jogger

Yes, I would also use the measurement feature. I have to use another app to record my measurements.

AmbyJay
First Steps
Trend chart, weekly/monthly notification reminder to measure
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmbyJay, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Stanley_za
First Steps
Hi Fitbit
I see a request was logged in 2016 to have the body measurements and progress pictures logged on your Fitbit account, but this is still under consideration. Surely most people would like to have similar functionality to My Fitness pal that logs your progress and measurement. Can a poll be sent to your million members?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stanley_za, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding body measurement features. We really appreciate your feedback. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.  I hope to see you around.

ksinger425
First Steps

I also vote to add this feature.  I am brand new to fitbit and was very surprised body measurement tracking is not a basic feature while other more advanced monitoring features are standard.  My weight fluctuates quite a bit even from one day to the next based on water weight alone and other variables- I primarily relied on body measurement tracking for progress when using other apps like myfitnesspal, etc as a more accurate measure of my progress.  It would be great to not have to have a second spreadsheet of my own and have all data integrated into the fitbit platform.  

sun1234
First Steps
Fitbit lacks the feature of manually recording & tracking important stats like neck, hip, waist etc which are important part of fitness trend tracking. Can it be incorporated alongside weight tab.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sun1234, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding body measurements to the weight tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

CGrimes
Jogger

Are there any plans to add in body fat percentage or neck, waist, hip measurements (for women) to the tracking app, other than manually entering it ourselves? Currently I use a body fat calculator and enter it manually. I appreciate that you already use the BMR. But adding the others would complete this app. I help others with body transformations and would encourage more people to use your products and the app. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CGrimes, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

Patrick_BNE
First Steps

My waist measurement is key to me now as I have hit my target weight and now focus on re-sculpting my body shape. Give us measurements!

loothi
Recovery Runner

Still waiting! Come on google! It's a low effort feature.

GenevaMike
First Steps

We the loyal community have been waiting since 2014 for this feature, in only 6 years it moved to under consideration.

It’s nearly 10 years we have been waiting, when can it be moved to being implemented ?
I hope to see it before I pass away of old age.

Many thanks

ecgmom
First Steps

This is especially important for women!

Andressda
Jogger
Please add the option to record the waste measurement on the app together with the weight log. It would be nice if we could record our waste measurement with each weight log in addition to our body fat %. Also, if you could add an option for us to leave notes with the weight logs, it would be very useful.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Andressda, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

lifeisanadventu
First Steps
When will the Fitbit app have a space to enter blood pressure and body measurements?
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @lifeisanadventu - it does seem strange that this important measurement is neglected but it is probably because no. Fitbit device actually measures that.

There are devices with apps that do and the data from some other apps can be synced but not that information.

If the blood pressure measurements were available algorithms could include it to indicate stress levels or exertion better but unlike blood oxygen levels it is not something easily measured accurately yet on a watch or in real time.

Having a manual record can still be a good idea. 

In the meantime you can use something like Google Sheets to record it separately if you are making manual readings and there isn't an app that records it.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lifeisanadventu, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.