Add body measurement feature

Can you please add a feature to track your body measurements: chest, waist, hips, thigh, and arm? I would like see my progress in inches +/-. When I'm not losing weight, I want to make sure the body inches are still going down. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

395 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Radkateford. Thanks for explaining why you'd like to add and track your body measurements along with your weight in the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. The status of this request has been updated as "Under Consideration", so don't forget to add your vote to show your support! To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SteveIsHere
Jogger
It is my understanding that the Fitbit app once had the ability to manually add blood pressure and body measurements etc...

Will this be coming back? Be nice to keep all my health info on one app. Just like the other options (food, water...)those who don’t use it can disable. Just a spot to manually input would be great. Thanks
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SteveIsHere, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to this other existing suggestion:
Blood pressure Fitbit tracker

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
BMI is not necessarily the best way to know if you're at a healthy weight.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add body measurement feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

BekahX
Jogger

Make it a complete fitness tracker and bring back body measurements PLEASE 

louy13
Jogger

I would so love to be able to track inch loss on my fitbit. So often weight stays the same or increases so having a way to log and see inch loss would be so inspiring. 

FitNic8
First Steps

Yes please add body measurements.  I am currently using a different website to measure and calculate bmi. I don't understand why this isn't in Fitbit already. Especially as this was first suggested years ago. 

ChantelyLace
First Steps

I would love for this feature to be added back, I also think it would be great to allow us to add progress photos as well!  I'm really hoping the google partnership opens new doors to better tracking features!

MichaelJO
Base Runner

In my case, I am attempting to build muscle and the weight gain from that makes my actual weight on a scale difficult to interpret. Body measurements would help me not only determine whether I am losing fat, for example my waist size but also increasing muscle mass in my arms and legs.

LilChelleBelle
First Steps

yes please add a body measurements section! 

mirtai4
First Steps

The Body Measurements would be very helpful since the BMI is so outdated and not really helpful.

Sred4d
First Steps
Ability to record body measurements. (Bust, waist, hips, etc)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sred4d, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add body measurement on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Sherillewis3
Jogger

There should be a place to track your body measurements because you may not be losing weight while gaining muscle, but the body definition and measurements do change.  This is a feature Fitbit is missing out on for sure.  Who wants to track things through two separate apps.  I'd like to submit a request to bring this back as well.

Sred4d
First Steps
I posted asking for this feature as well. It would be nice to keep all information in one app for reference.

Sent from my iPhone
CrackedDS
Jogger

Just expressing my support for this feature too. 

More basic and kind of more important than all the other fancy features that you guys are implementing.

kio-13
Jogger

I too would love to be able to add my waist circumference (maybe thigh and arm circumference as well) in the same tile as weight and BF%.

I've been going to the pool 3 times a week for a couple of months now and, although the scale is not moving down, I have noticed that the definition of my body is changing.

I really think it's part of the same journey.
Please, consider adding this feature!

Sred4d
First Steps
Thank you for adding your comments. I really hope enough people show their support for this feature to get it added.

Sent from my iPhone
Kroonie
Jogger

Just another request to put body measurement back on the dashboard.  I need something other than weight to keep me motivated.  During the menopause it is difficult to lose weight, but you can change measurements and view these in a positive way.  Important for mental health during this transition in life, and to feel a little control during an uncontrollable time.  It would certainly help those in a similar situation to me.  

antodi
Recovery Runner
Sometimes we measure some personal metric such as biceps circumference, chest, skinfold, etc. in order to track our progress. How convenient it would be if we could log these in a fully customizable log on the dashboard.
In the 'log' tab, we would give a name to the new metric to track, set the units, and have it plot automatically like others.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @antodi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add body measurement feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as  Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Gcarr
First Steps
Hup too waist ratio to add to the weight section or something like that
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gcarr, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add body measurement feature. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

kashiichan
Jogger

Please also include the numbers in metric!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.