Add dark mode on new Fitbit app

Disappointed that there is no dark mode option given the awful app update to a block of white - very hard to distinguish sections so if you are vision impaired or have dry eyes it’s just not comfortable to engage with anymore. It’s so infuriating given that I preferred my Fitbit app layout and data to my Garmin one which I use the running.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

68 Comments
sixpackRow
Jogger

Can you guys add stats (By Single Minute) Ex - Calories Per minute, Steps Per Minute Ave Heart Rate Per Minute

DarrelH
Recovery Runner

Fitbit posted on their blog dark mode was coming soon, that was said in November.

sixpackRow
Jogger
thanks 👍
Angelochka
First Steps

Dark mode PLEASE

geminiman7
Base Runner

Fitbit app is PAINFUL on my eyes especially at night and early mornings when it's still dark and checking my sleep and other stats. Opening the all-white interface in a dark environment is like staring into the brightness of a thousand suns! My eyes are sensitive.

How much longer do we have to wait for this NEEDED option? Late 2024/early 2025? This has been asked for repeatedly, for over 8 (actually 9 I think) years..

Who is in charge of software/app development at Fitbit? Mindblown this still is not an option...

Miko1aj
First Steps

Please Fitbit, Google or whoever else, add the DARK MODE! 

bzzmark
First Steps

Would like dark mode as well especially for viewing at night. Thank you. 

Myerserie
First Steps
App needs a dark mode and actual timeline for roll out. Visually impaired folks as well as the majority of others would appreciate this feature. Last update was October/November saying it was under consideration....
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Myerserie, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having dark mode available on the Fitbit app. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

aaronse
Jogger

Hey FitBit, you know your app is intended to help people's health, and sleep patterns right?

Assuming you understand this much, why isn't Dark mode implemented, and enabled by default?  Do some product research, search the web, you'll find sciencey backed information documenting how bright screens are bad for your Customers eyes, and sleep patterns.

This is simple common sense stuff, what's the rationale behind the bright light pastel washed out text colors, that make people squint?  Are you scheming with "Big Pharma's" sleeping pill division to maximize those quarterly earnings?

Tomkw51
Stepping Up
It does make one wonder!!
JamieL23
Jogger

Yes, I'm going to add to the list of people here.

Please make dark mode an option. How hard can it be?

Tomkw51
Stepping Up

It is becoming obvious that they really DO NOT CARE! Using the program at night is a disaster.  They could have this done in far less than 2 months.  They won't even say that they are going to do it.  They only offer Lip service but absolutely no commitment.  I certainly will never bother to upgrade my older charge 4.  I've been waiting hoping they would respond ...but not. Thanks for nothing!

Rebekahplm
First Steps
The new "look" of the completely white app since the update is frustrating, difficult to read/differentiate and boring. You need to bring back the pictures and color and, at the very least, if you insist on keeping everything everything factory white, we need the option for a dark mode.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rebekahplm, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

BucNasty
First Steps

PLEASE ADD A DARK MODE. It's always so annoying when you're somewhere with little to no light, and you open the app and BOOM your retinas get zapped. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point. Sometimes I want to open the app and check how the previous night's sleep went. Turning down the brightness and maybe using the "Night mode" that reduces the blue-light might help a bit, but it's still super annoying. It seems like a no-brainer when like 99.99998% of apps have this functionality included and have for years at this point.

CarlosNachos
First Steps

OMG please, at night when I open the app on my iphone, burning my retina!! Either had a dark mode toggle OR use the default dark mode setting of the OS?

Thank you

infinidim
Sprinter

CarlosNachos

I totally agree. Their Pixel Watch app has dark theme why can't they implement it. Google who own them invented for Android dark themes so they have the technology!!! 

Peytypops
First Steps

As per all of the comments I wholeheartedly agree and if the dark mode feature is not added I may consider changing device. I have had my current Fitbit for years and was considering A new one but I might just change to a different platform at this point. Before Google took over I could force the change in my phone but that no longer works and it hurts my eyes on the normal mode. 

TheFiend
Jogger
Easy one, add Dark Mode for the app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TheFiend, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding dark mode to the Fitbit app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

TanyaK
Tempo Runner
I like that idea!
aaronse
Jogger

Just a quick f you to the product team that shoved a bright white screen into my face at night...  probably the same dev that worked on this website.

Steamtrainfi3nd
First Steps

We want Dark Theme!

JamieL23
Jogger

Hello??!?!

Is anybody listening? People have spoken.  DARK MODE!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.