Add delete confirmation

Hey,

I think it would be really great if we could add in delete confirmation for a number of areas of the app and website.

Areas I think it should be added (will add other user suggestions):

• Deleting weight measurements (especially Aria measurements as they are unrecoverable once deleted)
  • Deleting activities
  • Deleting sleep

It shouldn't really be too difficult to add, what do you lot think?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

75 Comments
Glasl
Recovery Runner

This has been a problem for me too! I like a fair competitive playing field, and good interaction, so I carefully invite people with similar step averages who are chatty and encouraging. Then one person will invite a bunch of folks I don't know with completely different goals. I have even had some people be rude in a challenge. There should be a way to only have people that I invite in the challenge that I create.  

pago
First Steps

I agree. So many times I have gone to edit my sleep log half-awake and accidentally deleted it. A confirmation before delete would be fantastic. 

TEB13
Jogger

On the Flex, the Edit Log and Delete Sleep Log options are currently located in one box, only separated by a thin gray line. I regularly edit my sleep logs, but I recently deleted one accidentally, because I must have hit just off the mark in my haste, and there was no warning. It would be nice to get a pop-up warning to confirm if you really want to delete the log.

ShelbyPS
Jogger

Have to agree on the retrieve after deletion on exercises. I got a new Charge 2 (upgraded from my Flex, which had died after 2.5 years faithful service) and was reordering the options to suit me, and I deleted an item thinking I could add it again at a later date if needed. But no! 'Tis gone forever! Exercise habits can change so to permanently delete exercises from the list does seem a little 'wrong'. Please Fitbit, review and correct this?!

GVA2
First Steps

We are all fallible. Having a safety net would be much appreciated. Both confirming that the delete was intentional and the ability to restore an activity for say, a set period, maybe a week after the event?

spoozie
Stepping Up

I have just deleted a days worth of activities completely by accident, and scrolling through this forum, unless I am mistaken, two years on you still haven't managed to create a 'confirm delete' button.  What is so difficult?  It is obviously a facility that a lot of us users would love to have.  Please get those on high to fast track.

GVA2
First Steps
Agreed

--
Kind regards,

A/Prof Gary Kilov

*Clinical Associate Professor*

*Department of General Practice*

University of Melbourne *VIC, 3010*

Launceston Diabetes Clinic

Level 1 247 Wellington Street

Launceston 7250

Ph: 6388 8115

Fax: 6380 8388

[image: Image result for logo melbourne university]
Wingvild
First Steps

Why on earth is there still no delete confirmation or restore option??!! It is the easiest thing to fix, come on, fitbit! Get your stuff together... 

Feckelma
First Steps

Checking my performance on my phone after a run, I accidentally swiped and removed the log. It was so easy that I did not even notice what happened at first. In my opinion the interface can be improved by making it more difficult to remove logs accidentally.

I also wonder why and how many users use this functionality? Why do people want to remove their logs?

rachaeljenner
Jogger

It is too easy to accidentally delete a recorded activity in the UI by simply swiping left and not have the chance to select an option or confirm the action before the record is deleted. Suggestion for confirmation and / or ability to restore deleted activities. Manually adding dies not allow the gps map to be restored. Luckily I have this available through a 3rd party app but it would be great if I had the option to load this back to my fit bit activity tracker 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Today I had the most annoying thing occur to me.  I did exercise and then promptly deleted it.

How did I delete it?  Well the iOS app shows an exercise item with an arrow to the right indicating more information ">".

I made the mistake of swiping the item to the left to see what was on the right.  But I did it quickly and ended up instantly deleting the item!!!!

This was not what I wanted.

Please please please.  Pretty please add a second delete confirmation, or add a link to allow the action to be undone.  E.g. Microsoft Outlook when you do some actions shows an Undo link at the bottom as I guess they too found people were suffering from deletitus.

Thanks for an otherwise great app.

Sparkos
First Steps

There should be at a minimum a confirmation prompt before an exercise is deleted ... Way to easy to do .. Would be good to get an undo prompt somehow too (by shaking the phone?) 

TomE_K
First Steps

I agree with @SunsetRunner above: "Pretty please add a delete confirmation [when deleting an exercise], or add a link to allow the action to be undone."

I just lost a 7 mile hike with GPS data. I manually added back in the exercise (time and distance) but lost all the GPS data.

I accidentally bumped my phone and the Fitbit app thought I swiped left and deleted the exercise. This is too easy to do and there should be a delete confirmation and/or some way to undo the delete.

I think this should be treated as a bug (not a feature request). Do you have a bug tracking system?

This thread contains multiple examples of this exact problem happening since 2015. It should be easy to fix.

Please consider fixing this bug.

Thanks!

Tom

discokarina
First Steps

It’s been three years and almost 50 votes for this suggestion. It’s too easy to accidentally delete data when there is no way of retrieving it. Can we please have an update on progress of this suggestion?

spoozie
Stepping Up
Hear, hear!!
lorimsavage
First Steps

Yes, this seems like a very easy thing to add. Very frustrating when this happens!

srowlandx11
First Steps

Honestly guys, it is sooo easy to delete something from your activity log - I just deleted a lovely bike ride I did this morning and am really gutted about it.

Please fix this with a confirmation dialogue or a recovery option as it is a real shame. Was just going to look into the details of my ride and boom it's gone due to some thumb clumsiness by me :(.

RogerMJ
First Steps

New to Fitbit and the mobile app having received a Charge 3 for Christmas. Accidentally deleted my very first tracked hike (very easy to do with a quick swipe). Could not believe that I could not recover the data! Ridiculous

agaskins
First Steps

Holy $;@& why are we debating this? Please just add the feature, or at the least a way to undelete (such as an ‘undo’ or ‘trash’ mechanism)! I don’t really care, just fix this please! I’ve accidentally deleted several hours worth of gps mapped exercise now because of how easy it is to accidentally delete when swiping on items. Even if you can add a generic entry retroactively, it’s very disheartening to loose the actual granular and ‘real’ data. It’s a total bummer and kills whatever serotonin or endorphins I may have released with my excercise! I’m not joking, this really is incredibly negative for someone who whose working very hard to meet their goals and feeling very accomplished when they look at these entries! These entries represent more than just ‘data’ and need to be handled with more care than the app currently affords them. I think you should see this less as a ‘feature request’ and more as a critical UI bug that’s needs fixing immediately! I hope someone’s listening. I love the app and products but it’s concerning that you can’t just fix an issue as simple as this with less fuss...

TheFunkSoulBro
Base Runner

I would like the option to UNDELETE (Restore) an activity after I have accidentally deleted it either on the iOS app or the website.

Regitze
First Steps

I fully agree we need to be able to recover deleted activities. I just ran my best race ever and wanted to share it with the FitBit community on the app, but swiped too far and it got deleted instead! Smiley Sad

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion @mad_mn! We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. Robot Happy

Annahelene
First Steps

By mistake I deleted my 10km run. Who wants to delete their 10km exercise!!! Why is It not possible recover the file? I am very annoyed by this.if I delete an e-mail by mistake or a photo I would be able to recover it. Should be possible with Fitbit also.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Annahelene, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit Dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Gypsierunner
Recovery Runner

PLEASE!!!  Get rid of the “delete” feature on logged excercise!  It’s way to easy to accidentally delete tracked exercises (like I did).  Asking “are you sure” or placing the delete feature in a different area of the app could be helpful. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.