Add delete confirmation

Hey,

I think it would be really great if we could add in delete confirmation for a number of areas of the app and website.

Areas I think it should be added (will add other user suggestions):

• Deleting weight measurements (especially Aria measurements as they are unrecoverable once deleted)
  • Deleting activities
  • Deleting sleep

It shouldn't really be too difficult to add, what do you lot think?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

75 Comments
Newbitter20
First Steps

I like the ability to delete.  As i was looking for how to log steps that I manually count.  I stopped wearing the device when it was recording all my movements when use my arm and I was unable to wear on ankle as the strap was too big.  I also do not like that bluetooth is constantly turned on, this cannot be good for our health.  If I realised that I never would have brought the device.

Anyways I manually now count the steps and then have a to pick a way to record them, i thought I would record as walk or yoga.  I have figured out from google that 40 calories burn per 1k steps.  So now I just try to record my calories by 1km walk for 30 mins when I have done enough steps to cover that.

Pretty sad, i brought it and wore it about 3 times and wouldnt recommend it.

I suggested bluetooth and ankle straps and they said put it on this board or vote it up, and then I look at bluetooth and it has been a probelm for 4 years, looks like they do NOT listen to their users.

In the meantime I will just enjoy being able to track my food and steps until the warranty runs out, then I will look into other brands.  Just glad I didn't purchase the one that was double the price.

Gypsierunner
Recovery Runner

So you count all your steps every time you’re moving?  That’s a lot of work.  And the rate that an individual “burns calorie” varies depending on many factors.  I believe the delete feature could be useful but should be placed in an area where it’s not so easy to accidentally do so.  

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gypsierunner. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a delete confirmation with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Livebox
Recovery Runner

I think I posted in the wrong place.

I've just deleted the GPS map and details of a 8-mile walk.

Sure, it's good to be able to edit and delete items to correct any inaccuracies, but an all-too-easy brief swipe with absolutely no confirmation safety net and no way to undelete?

I've re-entered the information manually but it screws up the step count and of course it doesn't retrieve the map etc.

Come on FitBit, a delete confirmation or a restore function, or preferably both please?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Livebox, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Delete confirmation" messages on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Dapuj
First Steps
Make it harder to delete sleep log. A single button press that is right next to “edit” should not permanently delete data but it does.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dapuj, thanks for explaining why you would like to see a delete confirmation before deleting Fitbit stats. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

thefire226
First Steps
I would like a way to undo deleting an exercise by either shaking the ios or android device like you do to undo text changes in other apps. or make the swipe left pull up the options to delete but not actually delete like it does if you swipe far left it will just delete automatically without pulling up options. this will eliminate accidental delet
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @thefire226, thanks for explaining why you would like to have a delete confirmation for exercises. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

VickyD2020
First Steps
When I’m the exercise part of the app, when you swipe and click delete, there needs to be a pop up verifying you wish to delete the exercise
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @VickyD2020. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have a delete confirmation message with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ClaireKrystyna
First Steps
On the Fitbit app, instead of immediate deletion of an exercise log when user swipe left, please request ‘are you sure you want to delete this activity’
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ClaireKrystyna. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a delete confirmation with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

aaprut
Recovery Runner
Have the app ask for verification if you delete a sleep log!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @aaprut, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a delete confirmation button to the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

vaguebond
First Steps
I think it would be really great if we could add in delete confirmation for a number of areas of the app
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @vaguebond, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding a delete confirmation on different areas of the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

CJBusse
First Steps
On iOS app when looking through activities, I accidentally swiped left on an activity, and BOOM, it was gone. There is no reason here why you should be able to so easily delete data without confirmation - especially if that data is not recoverable. This has been an issue in several forums when searching for help once I realized what I had done.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CJBusse, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to get a delete confirmation in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

martin9000
First Steps
It should not be possible to hard delete exercises when swiping to the left. There should be an additional "Are you sure?" popup or a feature that makes it possible to recover your data. I would not call this a feature suggestion but a bug that should be fixed ASAP.

I have a Fitbit Inspire 2 and an iPhone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @martin9000, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding delete confirmation on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Crossover157
Recovery Runner
I would suggest a confirm delete (“are you sure you want to delete…”) for the sleep log in the Fitbit app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Crossover157, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding delete confirmation on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

DanetteA
First Steps
Please add a “confirm delete” button to the sleep log. I have accidentally deleted my sleep log rather than edited and sparely can’t get out back with ask the correct data. This or an undo delete would be great. Thank you
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DanetteA, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding delete confirmation on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.