Add delete confirmation

Hey,

I think it would be really great if we could add in delete confirmation for a number of areas of the app and website.

Areas I think it should be added (will add other user suggestions):

• Deleting weight measurements (especially Aria measurements as they are unrecoverable once deleted)
  • Deleting activities
  • Deleting sleep

It shouldn't really be too difficult to add, what do you lot think?

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

75 Comments
ladylonglegs21
Recovery Runner

I would like an option so that others cannot invite people to the challenges I set up.  Since we are only allowed 10 people in a challenge, I already have to decide who I want to invite and I have a lot of friends on here.... but then I narrow it down and invite people - only to have someone that i invited invite a bunch of their friends!  Then the few I invited can't join.  Very annoying!!! 

Kymmarye
First Steps

I very carefully selected a group of my friends (5 including me) to be part of my challenge for this week. I selected them because we all have a similar goal total with some slighty higher ( but attainable)  than the rest of us. That is my idea of a fun challenge! I don't want to be part of a challenge where someone else's goal is 3 times as much as mine (my goal currently is 6,500- 7,000). There's no point to me participating in a challenge at that point. My goal IS a challenge for me, I can get about 5,000 steps without much effort in a day.

So I want to be able to retrict my friends from adding people I don't know OR restrict the number of people in a challenge.

Joylyn126
Base Runner
Sometimes I create challenges for people with a similar step average as me. When my invitees invite their friends to the challenges I've created, I would like the option to either delete these invitations or have the option to approve/deny them.
Jerredzee
Jogger
That's a good idea @Joylyn126
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be great to decide whether or not we want more people to participate in the challenge. It also will assure a space for the people we want to see there.

cdntobi
Jogger
I would like to have the ability to delete a challenge invite from my list. Especially when it is full, but still continually asks me to join the challenge. Or maybe if when a challenge filled up it could vanish from the lists of invities that didn't make the 10 person cut off. Or finally, you could maybe make the challenges hold mire people?
huskymom1
Jogger

I agree with all of the above.  Implementing these ideas would be great!

Joylyn126
Base Runner
I like the 10 person minimum, but wouldn't mind a larger number IF I was allowed to approve who joins.
Jerredzee
Jogger
I would like to see an option to deny users access to challenges I create. (Similar to the feature Matchup has).

When I create challenges for my friends, it is for friends with a similar step range that I have. It's very irritating when a friend invites one of their friends who has 3x the step average that I have. Please consider adding the option to approve or deny participants in challenges. Thanks.
Blondie44
First Steps
Thanks @Jerredzee. This is a great idea!
Joylyn126
Base Runner
I agree 100%!!! This is a much needed feature.
Status changed to: New
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this idea with us! I think that this can help you to manage the people that will be on the challenge and also to set a challenge with people with a similar step count. 

I hope to see this implemented soon!

AndreG
Jogger

Please add an undelete, accidently deleted an excercise from the iOS app, no confirmation, just accidently swiped and its gone.  Can't believe theres no such feature.

Joylyn126
Base Runner
Just following up in the stays of this. This is a continuing problem for me. (As recently as today). Can you please help with this?
Msear
First Steps

I agree.  I deleted a run this morning by an accidental swipe.  There should also be a way to "undelete".   On a run where you've used GPS you lose your map and splits which I find useful, but difficult to re-create with a manual re-entry.

JAC7
First Steps
I agree also deleted an activity due to my phone screen not working properly and could not undelete so lost a very good run time. Manual entry not a solution as anyone could submit a false manual entry and if your best run time is manual entry then it's not very authentic.
Dirac
Jogger
I accidentally deleted a sleep log that I was trying to edit. A delete confirmation would be very helpful.
Abid
First Steps

I agree. I bought a fitbit surge and logged the very first time I exercised using it this evening. Just as I was reviewing the data, it's gone. Seems mad that there's no delete confirmation, especially given it's so easy to accidentally delete exercise data!  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is great feedback! I will definitely relay the posts in this feature request to our product development team for review.

See you around! Woman Wink

pofd
Recovery Runner
Totally agree deleted a run accidentally and exotic location map gone and I don't know exactly what to add manually. It's too easy to delete. There should be a confirm and/or restore available.
Would be great to be able to add notes to exercise activities too.
Thanks.
mcarly30
First Steps

please plase add an "confirm delete" and a "restore delete" option.  I just accidetnally deleted a workout which in turn affected my step count.  I hope this is being worked on

pofd
Recovery Runner

No swiping left on an exercise in the phone brings  up a delete option in red to the right of the exercise like all phone interfaces such as podcasts etc . However clicking on this means exercise is permanently deleted which is not normal interface behaviour. This is ridiculous. It's WAY too easy to deiete an exercise by mistake. Imagine it was your first marathon?! Boom gone without trace 😞 

The windows version of the dashboard prompts for confirmation. 

Hopefully this will be corrected in future releases of the app!? 

Thanks

con

Nicolemaxin3
First Steps

Please, please, please add a feature where we can retrieve deleted activity. I have accidentally deleted my gps runs like 4 times. All I do is scroll down and it gets deleted. Please add something to fix this problem.

EllenV
First Steps

I just acccidently deleted an amazing run ... and I am now so frustrated. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fitbit, please upgrade this app so that it prompts the user to confirm that they want to delete an exercise. How hard can that be? 

EllenV
First Steps

Also ... I remembered the stats and so I manually input them, but it logged differently in the app. So, it's NOT the same thing. For example, after the actual run itself, it was logged as 95% peak and 5% cardio. But when I manually logged the distance and the time, it showed up as 75% peak and 15% fat burn. The calories burned don't show up on the app. So it's definitely NOT the same thing. PLEASE fix the app so that actual exercises can't be accidentally deleted. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.