Show Fiber count on macronutrients section

Under Food Dashboard, instead of just showing Macronutrients:

-Carbs,

- Fat

- Protein

perhaps add another color to the bar graphs to show the FIBER intake (% & grams)    

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @robsri, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Fiber" count on macro-nutrients details. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

robsri
First Steps
Can I edit and add Sugar count to this post?

Sent from my iPhone
robsri
First Steps

Can I edit and add Sugar count to this post?    Thanks in advance

Mlaska
First Steps

Fiber is an important thing to measure for ordinary living but also on a diet. Many people are diabetic and fiber helps control blood sugars as well as regularity. Great selling point as the population gets older.

Retailhutch
First Steps

I track macronutrients through the Fitbit app, and believe the ratios are more accurate if fiber grams are deducted from the overall carb count.  Seems to me the ratios are currently wrong ... it isn't just what you eat, but what can be metabolized.  I would like to.at least have the option to remove fiber from the carb count, then the app ratios will be correct. 

Having fiber grams displayed is useful, but the macronutrient pie chart will still not reflect the correct carb totals.

Linda0125
Recovery Runner
Currently the app tracks fat/protein/carbs. I wish we had an option to add fiber (or sugar) to that as well. My Fitness Pal lets you choose what you'd like to track so I don't see why Fitbit can't do the same.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Linda0125, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track your fiber count on the Fitbit app with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Mimikk
First Steps
Hey fitbit. I would like to suggest the inclusion of fibre quantity displayed in grams alongside the macronutrient overview in the app. Fibre is extremely important for all kinds of bodily functions among which gut health which many women struggle with. Therefore, the display of fibre in grams might help many fitbit users.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mimikk, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including fiber in the macronutrients overview with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

tamlin1
Jogger

I agree. Fiber is important to track. It should also be deducted from the total carb count and

the carb % of total

BillRJr
Jogger

I read that fiber also helps with cholesterol.  Since I started tracking fiber intake and keeping it near RMD my cholesterol has gone down. 

JENM0123
First Steps

Please add Fiber to the Macronutrient tracking in the Fitbit app. I understand it's available through the online dashboard however that's not efficient nor is it very helpful when it's not accessible through the app. 

Debdage
Jogger

Fiber and sugar would be an excellent addition to the summary of daily nutrients. Thank you for considering this request. 

KFo4ever
Jogger

Being able to track fiber would be great! I was recently told by a nutritionist that I need 25g fiber and to limit saturated fat to 12g per day for cholesterol management. Since I wear my Fitbit all day everyday, I’d love to have have the feature within the same app. Thanks for considering the upgrade.

Kettlebelle72
Jogger
I have been using the food logging feature properly since January & it has successfully helped me lose 21 lb in less than 3 months. It would be handy to have the salt & fibre macronutrient added alongside the fat, protein & carbs totals each day. Research shows people, in general, don't eat enough fibre & too much salt, so to track this would be 👍
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kettlebelle72, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.