Add floor tracking on Fitbit Luxe

You need to include floor count (flights of stairs) on the Luxe fitbit!! I can't believe you did not include it in this model.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ansleyesq, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing your Fitbit Luxe to track your floors with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

jopwall
First Steps

I agree.  Certainly a shortcoming to eliminate this feature.  One healthy suggestion is "take stairs, not the elevator", which I do.  I also love to run hills, so it's disappointing not to have this feature.  I have to use my phone with another app, which is something I'm sure FitBit folks don't want us doing!  Thanks.  Joey Wall  

ansleyesq
First Steps
I agree! Hopefully they will see this and make the software update!
Jhydro
Jogger
Add an altimeter to the Luxe, or design a Charge 4 to look like the Luxe.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jhydro, thanks for requesting to add an altimeter to Fitbit Luxe. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

EllenOB
Jogger

Please please PLEASE add floor count to the Luxe, I was about to buy one when I noticed floor count isn't included!!! 😱😭 I won't buy one without it!!! I'm currently using a versa 3 which I really like but it's too bulky for me!! 😞

Also if you could make the luxe strap with the same closing mechanism as the versa 3 that would also be great!! 

stinemarif
Stepping Up

I got a Luxe as a Christmas present but I wouldn’t have bought it myself if I found out it didn’t have an altimeter. I live in a very hilly place and hike all the time and that was always one of the things I checked! I’m very disappointed and I hope enough people answer to this thread so they do something about it. 

Dopovo
Pace Setter

This is impossible because the Luxe doesn't have the required sensor. @YojanaFitbit I think you should state it clearly and close the suggestion without giving false hopes.

Ketcher15
First Steps
It would be wonderful if you could include an altimeter in future models of Fitbits, particularly in a compact, slender model.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ketcher15, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the altimeter back to the our Fitbit trackers with us. This idea already exists in the Feature Suggestions board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Karolina77
Jogger
On the charge 3 and 4 there was a feature floors, but on the charge 5 it was deleted.
I have a luxe now, because of the design (i have small wrists, so sense a d versa are to big) and I really miss the floors counting option. Would be great if this option could be integrated with a software update or as a feature for a luxe 2 version.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Karolina77, thanks for sharing this product feedback about adding floor tracking to the Fitbit Luxe with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.