Add indoorcycling

I would like to get new excercise apps like indoorcycling and workout excercise which is not based on intervals. It would be really helpful to track individual workouts in gym or at home based on our own tempo, or based on apps with video excercises. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & label

40 Comments
Urshy
Recovery Runner

Theres already an option for a stationary cross trainer but is there any way an Indoor Bike could also be added please.  Also adding a minute by minute HR log to monitor extreme fluctuations with your HR as these are lost when the graph plots a 5 min avg so it's not as precise. When your HR goes high the Charge 2 finds it hard to obtain your HR so beats are missed giving inaccurate readings. These changes would be great.

SteveNetero
Recovery Runner

Also on the Blaze too please, thank you.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It's called spinning, just add it to your menu. Spinning is the same as the Bike mode but with the GPS turned off.

Urshy
Recovery Runner
Dear Mark,
I luv you! Thank you so much for pointing out the Spinning option. I've
also added Walk to my list. Now all I need is for my fitbit to not delay so
much on the hr....it sits there displaying dashes for ages as my hr is fast
and a bit wonky 😆 but then my 5 min avg that is graphed is now inaccurate
due to wasting time trying to pinpoint my hr. Frustrating. I've also
noticed spikes in my hr which I don't know if its a fault with fitbit or if
my heart is actually doing this. My heart and I arent friends at the
moment....I even have the Cardiologists stumped!
Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate this.
Ursh
ridgerunner51
Recovery Runner

I used my FitBit Charge 2 this morning while on a treadmill.  I need to record the miles I walked, but I cannot edit the record. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As there is no option for logging an indoor exercise bike as an activity I have to use rowing machine instead. This really is not good enough.  Come on FitBit sort this out??? 

dgoquilter
Jogger

Please add stationary bike to your exercise shortcuts. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Try Spinning which is the term usedfor a stationary bike

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@SunsetRunner read my least post

ridgerunner51
Recovery Runner

How do you add Spinning to the Bike Menu?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The instructions are found in your user manual or in Fitbits searchable interactive help site. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dgoquilter! Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Ladycaz
Base Runner

This is one piece of the CV equipment, I have again started using but to be able to log into my ionic means I have to select the normal bike which then tracks GPS but as I'm stationary it just ends up putting a big red blob on my work out! So frustrating! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Ladycaz try using the exercise called spinning. which is when the feet are spinning the pedals but the person does not move. 

This spinning mode is the same as the bike mode but with the GPS turned off, the GPS may be disabled through the settings menu found on the tracker from the screen with the start button. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please include stationary bicycling among the exercises listed on the device.  Currently the only substitution is to call it an elliptical.  A stationary bike may be ridden at all hours and all temperatures where it would be dangerous to ride a street bike.  In my city the risk of being hit while riding on a street bike is high.  The several "ghost bikes" found around town near to the spot where a rider died bear mute testimony to this fact.

Many people who are unable or unwilling to leave home to exercise might ride a stationary bike at home if that were one of the options listed on their Fitbit.

Finally, the stationary bike option on a Fitbit watch would be far more convenient to use than a similar app on a cell phone.  It would also weigh less. 

Wardcarrie5
Jogger

Add stationary bike and/or recommbent bike to excercise. Currently you can only track time/ miles but isn’t as accurate if you could also coordinate heart rate with that activity. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Today's definition of an indoor stationary bike is called spinning, and your Fitbit does have a spinning mode.

LisaHumphreys
First Steps

I had a tomtom spark 3 which could record and auto upload loads of activities such as static bike, general workouts to places like Strava. I changed to Fitbit versa as it seemed more modern and cool, less clunky. But have felt restricted by what it can record. And puzzled why it doesn't seem to upload automatically to Strava unless it's a GPS type tracking activity. Is this possible???

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LisaHumphreys, thanks for sharing your suggestion. I think that is a good one!  We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

Sendit
First Steps

Can you add a stationary bike please to the tracker.  we are doing a 5 week camp of increase cardio... I use the stationary bike for around 60-90 minutes and then get the HR to zone 3 and maintain for multiple rounds and time.    

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Sendit! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

fls29
Recovery Runner

I really hope spinning comes to the Versa as a workout! I briefly had the Charge 3 and it has spinning as an exercise that it can track. Spinning is my main form of exercise and I would like to be able to track it as accurately as possible on the Versa.

bidbod
Jogger

Please allow Fitbit Strava Sync for non GPS activities. You already do this for all the GPS activities so I wonder what prevents you from doing that for the rest of the activities. The file format should not be an issue since other brands like Garmin and TomTom already are doing that.

rlyun
First Steps

I agree!

It would great to be able to track individual exercises by day and make a self-customized work-out routine. (Also, include capability to vary the exercises by day, so people could have "arm day", "leg day" etc...).

For ex.:

Today

Squats 25 

Plank 2 min. 30 sec.

Burpees 10

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.