Add miscarriage option

A lot of women use OPKs or Fertility Monitor to predict ovulation. Please make an option to change your ovulation day. There should also be a way to omit a cycle from the Average or trends screen in the case of miscarriage simce there is also no where to notate a positive pregnancy test to show pregnancy on the calendar. 

1. Make ovulation day editable 

2. Add miscarriage option to omit that cycle from the trends screen. 

3. Add positive or negative pregnancy tests options. 

4. Show pregnancy in the calendar with weeks count down if pregnant. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Skiley! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:
Ability to edit the Ovulation day

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Asearle79
Jogger

I really would like the option to add pregnancy and miscarriage dates to the womens health. It will make it easier to have all the information dates on one app. 

I know some may like options to add calories / heart rate changes during pregnancy.  But just to be able to keep track of cycles disrupted via pregnancy and miscarriage is also important.

Kerri817
First Steps

Hello,

So this suggestions comes through first hand experience, an addition to the female Health portion to be able to mark expecting, and then unfortunately a miscaried or gave birth option. I have very much enjoyed the female Health section of the fitbit ap,  it is how I tracked my cycles. I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant with our third child in March and was thrilled, (told my husband through a scavenger hunt). Unfortunately in April at 8 weeks al meong I had a miscarriage. When I started cycling again in May I resumed marking my cycles through Fitbit, but because I had not had a cycle since March it was saying that I wouldn't have a cycle again for over 50 days, which wouldn't have been a huge deal, but my husband  and I started to try again in July and I wasn't able to accurately use the app for potential ovulation days. Currently, we are still trying to concieve again, and I know I am not the only woman who has had to go through this, so I thought this might be a good addition for Fitbit. I appreciate your product!!

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @Kerri817! Sorry about what happened, I hope you will succeed on having a new baby. I'm sure your suggestion will be useful for other women experiencing the same thing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. about having this option. Robot Happy

Natosha
First Steps

Yes, please add a miscarriage option! Or a way to omit a cycle in your trends for future predictions!

Saskyfras
First Steps

I've just deleted the female health option entirely after my miscarriage and use an app that is actually useful - Glow and What to Expect are much better at sensitive issues and have way more options for when cycle goes back to normal. Maybe they can look at what those apps are doing if they want to be considered more than a very basic female health app. 

bmuro415
First Steps

I understand that pregnant women are a small subset of your user base, and given the wide variety of physical changes present in pregnancy it may be impossible or very high level of effort/risk to adjust your heart health and weight calculations accurately to fit all pregnant women. At the very least you should be able to indicate pregnancy in your female health app, and indicating such should turn off recommendations/in-app suggestions based on weight and pulse. While you're steadily gaining weight in pregnancy, the last thing you need is your fitness app telling you you're becoming unhealthy. 

Your female health tracker should also give the option to indicate miscarriage. Your app will never be competitive in the marketplace if it doesn't provide a fuller range of options - it makes no sense to have features that suggest fertile days/ovulation but doesn't allow you to indicate pregnancy or miscarriage. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bmuro415, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option for pregnancy or miscarriage with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. You can also vote for this suggestion: Add pregnancy for more accurate cycle prediction in Female Health TrackingWe rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Skiley and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Iv88
First Steps

I am extremely disappointed that tracking pregnancy has been an ongoing request since 2018 and Fitbit has done nothing to remedy the gap in Diversity, Equity & Belonging and being inclusive in their apps. Pregnancy and miscarriage are have different implications and have serious indicators on health for women. By pushing this topic off for 3 years now and not prioritizing a topic that could potentially impact 50% of your users at some point in their life, it sends a clear message about the Corporate and Product stance on women’s health. 

Krhlally
First Steps

Iv88 

thank you for explaining this - it’s just what I wanted to share, too! Extremely disappointing. 

kbdressman
Jogger

We're more than 14 months removed from when lv88 explained that the inability to track pregnancy and miscarriages on your platform sends a clear message to how little Fitbit values women. Do you not have a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee that provides recommendations and feedback to developers and your corporate leadership?  It's been 4 years.  Why hasn't this been introduced yet? I went to record the miscarriage I had yesterday and was disappointed to learn that because of the lack of these features your menstrual tracking feature is completely useless to me for the near future. Apple Watch has these features.  I guess it's time for my next smartwatch to come from a company that values women enough to track their basic health and fitness needs unless Fitbit gets their act together on this front before my current Fitbit needs to be replaced.   

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.