Add more mood and feelings options

I’ve just started using the stress management feature since it popped up; or at least, I’ve gone in and checked one of the boxes periodically. I feel like a scale with 7 options vs 5 might be easier to respond to. As in, I might not feel “stressed” at a given moment, but might still be somewhere south of truly “neutral”; neither answer is correct.
54 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OhRubyRed, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more mood options to Stress Management tile with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

whiskeytango
Jogger

I upvoted this with enthusiasm, after upvoting every other available suggestion for mood tracking. Perhaps mood tracking and stress levels can be integrated, with at least a dozen emote choices? If integration isn't possible, a stand-alone mood tracker would be awesome. Mental wellness is essential to physical wellness, after all. 

Gsgreenneck
First Steps

Expand this scale to include a range of positive emotions such as joy calm nostalgia and negative emotions such as fear rage stress. Then display day's emotions in pie chart rather than number scale. You could use icons for emotions and add.to screen so you could easily log several times a day

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gsgreenneck, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a feeling scale to Stress and Mental Health . We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

oelrichsceo
Jogger

I was going to make a similar suggestion using the Mood and some of the symptoms from the "Menstrual Health" but more generic for all users.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

For the stress options, I’d like to be able to input our own description via the app which adds buttons to the screen, and/or I’d like to see these as options: 

Tired
Pensive

Elated

Irrate
Indifferent/OK
Bored

Scared
Nervous

ajasmin05
Jogger
Please add other “moods” to identify with in the stress management such as …sick, tired, pms.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ajasmin05, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more mood options to Stress Management tile. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

JaZ1
First Steps
“How are you feeling” followed by different stress levels options is too narrow. People often don’t recognise the signs that they’re stressed or their body is stressed.
Eg: How are you feeling? Answers: Tired, unmotivated, energetic, hungry, thirsty, full, sad, happy, content. I can feel calm but only be sleeping 4 hours a night.
RinaBea
First Steps
I often feel exhausted, grumpy, or overwhelmed in the moments when I'm prompted to reflect on my mood. "Stressed" is too vague for accuracy.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RinaBea, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more mood options to the Stress Management tile with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JaZ1, thanks for sharing this suggestion about expanding the mood options available in the Stress Management tile with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ebednarz
Recovery Runner

Hi as someone who deals with a condition that involves chronic pain some answers to the stress checklist might be added. I like the idea of a scale. Perhaps more than just a mood scale but something that includes a physical stress scale. 

Addie77
First Steps

I get the notification to check in but mostly the options don't suit that moment.  I'm not necessarily stressed or anxious but just "busy" so skip the check in as no real option for that moment.

A "what are you feeling/doing?" scale including options like busy, working, exercising, family time etc. would help me to see what is going on when a stress response is triggered.

ChibiChiii
Jogger

Often when im prompted i end up chosing calm or content because of lack for better choices. Id love to see tired, for example or anxious to track chronic fatigue and anxiety. The mood board is a good beginning but it really lacks options for it to be of any use.

JayaSea
First Steps

I agree with the above. More options are necessary! It would also be great to have a "free type" option, to add the description most relevant to us. 

It can be difficult to find the right words when trying to describe how you feel, so maybe integrating some of the options in the Feeling Wheel (Willcox, 1982) it's a great resource that is often used in therapy for exactly this purpose.

RedSquirrel99
First Steps

As someone who suffers fibromyalgia pain, I'd like pain to be an option as it can cause stress but is slightly different to stress. Also wider mood options as everyone above said. 

Bipolarbear6666
First Steps
Moods that could be added: angry, anxious, depressed, confused, exhausted, overwhelmed, panicking, etc
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Bipolarbear6666, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having more mood options to log on the Stress Management tile with us. This idea already exists in the Feature Suggestions board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

rblouch85
First Steps
I wish there was more options in the areas management for how you are feeling. Currently, it only has Very Calm, Calm, Neutral, Stressed and Very Stressed. It would be nice if the choices that are in the menstruation tracker were available in the stress management.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rblouch85, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding more mood options to the Stress Management tile with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Mellikiwi
First Steps

I agree with RedSquirrel above - adding "In Pain" as a mood would really help. Quite often, I notice that my watch alerts me that I was stressed but it was during a moment when I was in pain, or straining at the gym. 

Also, it would be great to have more recommendations about how to manage the stress besides going for a walk or taking a moment to breathe and do some mindfulness because I really don't have time to do that at work unfortunately and that's where I'm stressed most of the time. 

JimerJ
First Steps

With all the suggestions, it would be great if the tile allowed users to designate up to 5 labels of their own to track. 

ALI_Ducharme
First Steps
"Feeling" isn't just about moods. It's also about health & body. I suggest adding things like "tired," "sick," plus additional moods.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ALI_Ducharme, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding more options when logging your mood with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.