Add support for Oculus Meta Quest VR devices

I'm using an oculus quest 2, it -like the fitbit- has bluetooth, so should in theory be syncable.
Wouldn't it be great if it could automatically detect and log VR-usage as an exercise? I think this is something you'd both mutually want. I'm sure oculus would love accurate health data on their platform, as I'm sure you would love accurate tracking.
12 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

ark1701
First Steps

I love my Fitbit, but by chance is there going to be an Oculus Quest and Beat Saber app and/or workout mode added to Fitbit. Right now when I play Beat Saber I set my Fitbit to Martial Arts, but a Beat Saber (Jedi/Sith) workout mode would be cool. It would be great to have my Fitbit and Quest 2 just natively sync up together when I play.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @ark1701, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of tracking usage of VR devices like Oculus Quest. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

In addition, I was able to verify that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find the Fitbit App Gallery by opening the Fitbit app, tapping on your profile's icon > Smartwatch image > Apps > All Apps and search for VR Workout by Yuriy Galanter. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

carynI
First Steps

When, if ever, will Fitbit Versa 2 be compatible with oculus quest VR?? 

I really want to pair my  oculus workouts to my current  versa. Thoughts?

GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Hi @carynI 

I'm moving your post to our Feature Suggestion board.

Gordon

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @carynI, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your Fitbit data to Oculus Quest 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support, we'll be tracking this request over time.

kylke
Recovery Runner
ark1701
First Steps
I would love FitBit that can sync up with my Quest *NATIVELY* and have the health data share seamlessly between my Quest health software and my FitBit. It would be really useful if the "cuts" I do when playing Beat Saber properly counted my right and left controller/hand movements.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ark1701, thanks for sharing this suggestion about supporting Meta Quest VR devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

daultman3
First Steps
I want to be able to track my heart rate and movements. Supernatural sent you vr headsets in 2021 because we punch kick dance and move all through the game. I also play other exercise vr games too
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @daultman3, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding support for Oculus devices with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.