Allow Customers to choose between Dashboards

In the latest update of the Fitbit app, the Dashboard that customers interact with daily underwent a huge visual downgrade. It is far less appealing to look at, and harder to quickly see where you are with your daily goals. Please allow Customers to choose their dashboard, similar to how customers can choose their fitbits clock faces. It makes sense to at least allow a choice between the new version and the old version of the dashboard. PLEASE consider this. 

To Vote for a choice between the new and old dashboard, go to "Feature Suggestions" - then "Allow customers to choose between dashboards" should be near the top of the list.
379 Comments
Jimbo826
Jogger

BI updated my Fitbit software and am disappointed in both the new colors and layout of the Dashboard. The previous colors were more crisp and colorful. The new colors and icons are very drab looking. Also, not all of the icons fit on the screen. I now have to scroll down so see my blood pressure.  Please change back to the previous Dashboard. 

Jimbo826
Jogger

Note, this comment is for the Dashboard on  Charge 2.  Not the Website.  There wasn't a better category to select. 

Denison86
First Steps

Please give us the option to go back to the old dashboard. This change is making me want to get an Apple Watch. The new design looks outdated and colors are so boring.   I wish I never had my automatic updates set on my phone I would still hv my original Fitbit easy to read dashboard with the vibrant colors 

LoriLynnN
First Steps

User experience is critical to FitBit success.....sadly, you blew it with your new dashboard.   It’s just awful.   It is such a downgrade from the previous dashboard.   Your users are not change adverse.  They are adverse to a change that is a huge step back.   Come on....give up your new dashboard.   If you feel a new dashboard is necessary, hire qualified UX designers.  

TreeP
First Steps

I have an iPhone and didn't have an option to reject the new dashboard.  My husband has the same phone and wasn't forced to accept a new dashboard.  I want an option to have the old dashboard.  This morning I was happy to note the old version was back on my phone!  Alas after a few hours it reverted to the new (and not improved) dashboard.  Please allow us a choice.  Also what's with some being forced and others not?  Doesn't seem right.

LoriLynnN
First Steps

I had the same experience. I was thrilled when late this morning the previous dashboard reappeared. Then, later today, it reverted to the new dashboard. FitBit needs to listen to their users!

Lori

Scout123mh
Recovery Runner
Oh I do hope mine reverts back to the old grid format as well. I’ve read other posts from people who had this beta test/ trial flung upon them and also then had it suddenly revert back after the trial (14 days perhaps?) was over. I did the chat thing and was basically told I am stuck with the list format as that is the new format for all the phones in the future ...but I don’t believe him as have read from more then one person where their trial ended with it going back to normal. Yes seems wrong to me too where they can just use you for a beta test without permission ...but I’m thinking during set up I might’ve answered yes to the question about giving them permission to collect info to make improvements 😡

Sent from my iPhone
Scout123mh
Recovery Runner
I’ve read posts from at least 3 other people (who had this beta test flung upon them) who all of a sudden got the grid interface back so hopefully this will happen to yours as well as to mine ...waiting anyway

Sent from my iPhone
LoriLynnN
First Steps

Hi - Really hoping the voice of FitBit users is heard!

Lori

kinderworld
Jogger
I agree completely!

Sent from my iPhone
kinderworld
Jogger
Totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone
brenttaylor
Jogger
Anyone know a way to get back to the old dashboard?

My old one just showed up yesterday morning...I was overjoyed!!! But my
midday, it has reverted back to the horrible new one.

I looked in advanced setting, nothing.

I looked under my profile, nothing.
Scout123mh
Recovery Runner
They just told me the List interface will be standard for all users soon ugh 😡

Sent from my iPhone
LoriLynnN
First Steps

No! 😡

Lori Nicholson

Forkhandles
First Steps

That’s me out! Waited for it to change back but decided to look at alternatives now, maybe Garmin or Apple as I’m on iOS

Moonlitlake
First Steps

Another voice for the older interface. The new one is awful. For me, it’s more difficult to see progress in every area. Steps per hour is the worst. Difficult to tell whether I made the current hour. And adding water requires an extra keystroke every time. I have to wonder whether the designers ever used the app. Please at least allow a choice of screen look. 

gtg947h
Strider

Fitbit - how about you spend some time and effort fixing long-outstanding bugs before you embark on useless aesthetic revamps of something that's otherwise working fine?   We use trackers and their associated apps/dashboards because we need functionality.  We don't buy them just to have pretty UIs to look at.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The proposed dashboard being rolled out is difficult for visually impaired users, and is a step backward in use ability and clarity.  We recommend that Fitbit abandon this iteration of the dashboard and maintain its previous version until a better solution is identified with user input.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

LoriLynnN
First Steps
Where do you vote on the site?

Lori
Jimbo826
Jogger

Can you please clarify what is being voted on?  And how/where to vote?

I would vote “Yes” if that means to go back to the original colors, shapes and locations of the icons on the Dashboard. 

JoeKII
Base Runner

Right at the top of this thread is a feature suggestion to allow users the choice to choose the dashboard the prefer. Like how we can choose the clock faces we prefer on our fitbits. To vote for it, you click the thumbs up button next to the suggestion. 

Scout123mh
Recovery Runner
I hit the like button at the top but I think that’s just the the title (not something to vote on) and liking it means I am just liking the topic ...but hoping you are right because that would be great 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone
JoeKII
Base Runner

Yah that's how it works, you are showing your agreement with the suggestion. The suggestions with the most thumbs up are considered by the devs. 

Scout123mh
Recovery Runner
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.