Allow for a larger dashboard tile grid

I would really like the dashboard to allow me to use all of the space on my monitor to display tiles, instead of forcing an artificial limit of 4 units wide.

So please make the dashboard support as many tile units wide as will fit in the browser window.

Moderator edit: Labels

9 Comments
timtitus
Runner
I need to submit the flowing dashboard fixes for consideration:

Make it a 5x5 grid
Allow the user to change the orientation of the tiles form vertical to horizontal if they want.
Turn off the auto fill, to allow users to put the tiles wherever they want them.
And get rid of the weekly total,
And amount to beat yesterday and give us a daily total.
Hal074
Jogger

I enjoy fitbit.  I try to average 20,000 steps a day.  I enjoyed going to my dashboard and following my daily statistics. At night I enjoyed looking at my dashboard while my one was charging,  Now my dashboard does not show any of my tiles like it did before, which I used to set my daily goals or if I need to add steps to reach my goal,  The other day I noticed that all my tiles were missing, what happened.  I loved looking at my tiles when ever I turned my computer on.  If this is something new it really sucks.  If this is new and it is supposed to make it easier for firbit users, it sure doesn't help me at all.  If it is possible to get my tiles back the way it was before, can you give me instructions on how to do just that.

mummybear
Jogger

I wouldn't be without my fitbit Zip, but why oh why have you changed the tiles, I hate this new format, I used to find it so motivating, as I used to strive to make sure my steps, miles and active minutes flashed green and show 'champ' None of this happens anymore and it's boring and you have to search for your steps and miles. I've lost all the motivation I had.  Why couldn't we have been given the option of these motivational tiles instead of changing it to dull as you have.  PLEASE bring back the old tiles so as soon as you hit the dashboard there it is congratulating you instead of boring you!  Please take note - a tracker shouldn't just be to register what you've achieved it should motivate you, I don't do anything like as much now as I did when old tiles there!

timtitus
Runner
1 question for all does my request make sense?
scholl
Base Runner

Either that or lock them so if I open a browser window that's a little more narrow, it doesn't shuffle my tiles on me.

Michael
5K Racer

@scholl You might want to vote for the feature request to lock the tile positions as well.

FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @Tim! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us!

I've gone ahead and merged the feature request that you created with this existing feature request (click here).

Please add your future comments there so that we can keep all related content organized together. This will make it easier for our product team to notice the most popular feature requests and potentially incorporate those ideas into future versions of our apps and devices.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey there @Michael. I had never thought about this and just tried expanding the window and indeed, it just shows four rows of tiles. I think it would be cool to have more tiles to show if you have a wider screen so I will go ahead and forward your idea to our team for them to take it into consideration.

Thanks for stopping by the Feature Request board! 🙂

timtitus
Runner
Anything will work
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.