Allow non-consecutive hours on Hourly Activity goal

I love the new hourly movement goal. I would like to suggest that instead of having the goal be X consecutive hours, it could be either the total number of hours within a day or within a period. For example, let me select either:

• 250+ steps X hours per day (e.g., 12)
  • 250+ steps X hours within a specified time period (e.g., 9 of 12, and I pick the 12 hour time period)

I work in an office, which is why this goal is so important for me. It's way too easy to sit at my desk all day. So this is a great movitivator to get up and move periodically. But a single hour-long meeting in the afternoon makes it impossible to achieve this goal. And knowing that I don't have any chance of acheiving the goal diminishes the motivation to move during the other hours.

Thanks for your consideration!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

140 Comments
Skenny
First Steps

So like most people you set up the start and finish time you want to be measured for hitting the minimum step count on each day which is good. But like everyone each day is different. So most of the week you start the same time which is fine but then one day you have a rest day, which mean you sleep in so you miss you step count start time. So what would be good of you can edit the start time for each day, as like me I start same time each day I work which is early, so go gym before hand (4am). But days off from work I don’t go gym till 6am. So those days in miss 2 hours on my step challenge. And I i change the start time it changes all of them and then it take it offnother days I’ve done already. So this would be a Good function for me

perosnally and would also work the other end of the day as well 

Bumblerose
First Steps

I would like to suggest that instead of having the stand hours goal be X consecutive hours, it should be the total number of hours within a day instead of me needing to choose a range of hours to meet the goal. I work in an office, which is why this goal is so important for me. It's way too easy to sit at my desk all day. But a single hour-long meeting in the day makes it impossible to achieve this goal. And knowing that I don't have any chance of achieving the goal diminishes the motivation to move during the other hours.

Also, it should record the total number of hours, even after you meet your goal, just like it does for steps, stairs, etc.

Thank you!

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bumblerose, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

DebbieC52
First Steps

I use the 250+ steps per hour every day, as I am fairly sedentary so it reminds me to get up and move.  My problem with it is my schedule changes from day to day, so if I change the hours for the current day, the hours on all the previous days change with it.  My goal is to get all 14 hours every day but when I change my hours, it changes all the days prior as well and then I don’t show all 14 hours. I realize not everyone cares or uses this feature, but it’s important for me.  Can you please fix this part of the program without messing something else up?  Thank you.

RawSue
Jogger

I'm rather a perfectionist.  I like to score 100% on my hourly steps for the day.  However, sometimes there are circumstances beyond my control when I cannot do so.  For example, if I need to travel or if I'm in a meeting, it would be nice to be able to pause the steps for that period of time so I don't have to be fidgiting during the meeting and getting up to "go to the restroom" while I'm actually pacing in the hallway.    It would also be nice if when we adjust our daily steps goal if the old goal remained with our previous days while the new goal applied to the new days.  For example:  if I decide to bump up my steps goal from 10,000 to 12,000 per day, now the previous weeks where I'd met my goal show as not having met the goal.  However, if that previous goal were to remain applied to those previous days with the new goal applying to the new days, that would help to show a progression in activity rather than discouraging that progression.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RawSue, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote! I also noted that you mentioned a second idea. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for another existing feature suggestion regarding the possibility of adjusting the daily steps goal: Ability to change goals per day, without changing all past days.

xcarlamariex
First Steps

Please let us do the above!

My hours of activity range way further than 14 hours and I don’t want to be stuck with a 14 hour target in order to capture the most data without having to change the timeframe every day. 

I would like to be able to set a target of say 9 active hours but be able to achieve them at any point in the day. This would then account for days when I have an early shift and days when I have a late shift without having to change the timeframe every day. 

Hourly goals could be active from midnight or when you wake up until you hit your target or it could even just be active all day allowing for a ‘high score’ of most active hours in a day as well as a daily target. 

Eagle1
Strider

I too would like to see this, as I have the 14 hours set, Most days I get more than 14 hours of activity in, but not always in the same "range" timeframe.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @xcarlamariex, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option for the hourly goals. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

alphageek
Recovery Runner

I set up my goal for active hours (with at least 250 steps) to the maximum - 14 hours. And I nearly always do reach that goal, though you wouldn’t know it from the Fitbit app because, rather than counting the number of hours in which one takes at least 250 steps, it instead insists that they must be sequential hours. So if I miss an hour during the workday - due, say, to being in a meeting - I can’t reach my goal even if I actually move the requisite amount in 14, 15, or more hours during the day.

Please change the way active hours are tracked to count non-sequential hours.

Thanks!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alphageek, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on on your reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JPWagner80
First Steps

I really love this feature.

I currently have mine set for 11 hours.

I fly a lot and have a sometimes crazy schedule so I would really like to see instead of continuas hours make it flexible so that Ican do any 11 hours in my day, if that was an option I would proubley bump it up to 15 and make it a little more challenging.

Please consider....

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JPWagner80. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like us to allow non-consecutive hours to meet your hourly activity. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

nerdy_girl83
First Steps

I think that the hourly activity tracker goal needs to allow for nonconsecutive hours. 

Hi! I am loving my new versa 2, but I am finding I cannot use the hourly activity tracker. I work night shift 4 nights a week and am awake during the day 3 days a week. I can usually his 9-14 hours of movement within a 12am-12am period of time, but it is rarely during the same period of time each day or in consecutive hours. I love reaching my goals, that motivates me, but this has been more discouraging using the Hourly Activity than not. I can't set goals that are attainable everyday because I have multiple different schedules, and I can't set any big goals because I sleep smack in the middle of the day. It just needs to be on a 24 hour system. Thanks! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @nerdy_girl83. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to set the hourly activity for non-consecutive hours with us. I found a similar feature suggestion so I moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Roryfuntory
Jogger

Some days i sleep in or something like that... I was wondering if you could make it where we have the option food tune hours to be consecutive or not.

Roryfuntory
Jogger

*not food tune, but 'step hours'.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Roryfuntory, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Josephgal
Jogger
Please allow us to set at least two different timeframes to receive reminders to move instead of only one consecutive one.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Josephgal, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow non-consecutive hours on Reminders to move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

JanieE0486
First Steps
The hours active should not have to be consecutive hours. Any hour that you've met the 250 step count should be counted as an active hour.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JanieE0486. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing non-consecutive hours to be part of the Hourly Activity goal. This his idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

mfaine1
Jogger
The best way to implement this, in my opinion, would be allow me to have a 'window' of a certain time range, for example, between 12 and 7 pm. A total number of steps I would like to get in that time, for example 10K. Now the reminder would simply divide 10,000 by the number of hours in the window and issue a notice every hour of the...
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mfaine1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow non-consecutive hours in the Hourly Movement goal. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

KarlSmith
First Steps
I should be able to have a number of hours of 250+ steps without specifying a start and stop time. I want to keep moving for 14 hours per day but as a busy person, I have meetings, engagements, or even a nap which means I do not hit a consecutive requirement, but I may have 14 or more hours of 250+ steps per hour.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.