Allow non-consecutive hours on Hourly Activity goal

I love the new hourly movement goal. I would like to suggest that instead of having the goal be X consecutive hours, it could be either the total number of hours within a day or within a period. For example, let me select either:

• 250+ steps X hours per day (e.g., 12)
  • 250+ steps X hours within a specified time period (e.g., 9 of 12, and I pick the 12 hour time period)

I work in an office, which is why this goal is so important for me. It's way too easy to sit at my desk all day. So this is a great movitivator to get up and move periodically. But a single hour-long meeting in the afternoon makes it impossible to achieve this goal. And knowing that I don't have any chance of acheiving the goal diminishes the motivation to move during the other hours.

Thanks for your consideration!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

140 Comments
Guy_
Space Racer

There is no requirement to have consecutive hours.

Its a reminder to move regularly, if you are in a meeting you can't, and thats ok.

Try clock face SimpleClockDuo - it tells you how many you achieved.

KarlSmith
First Steps

So I have by goal set from 8AM to 10PM which is 14 hours for 250+ steps.  I do not see a way to have the goal just the 14 hours. Also, the watch/environment does not give me credit for hours before 7AM or 10PM where I have 250+ steps.

If I do not meet the goal of 250+ steps each hour between 7AM and 10PM, then I do not get credit for 14 hours of 250+ steps per hour over the 24 hour day.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KarlSmith, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing non-consecutive hours to reach your hourly activity with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Deedeebobs
Jogger
It would be useful to choose X hours in a day rather than consecutive hours. Not everyone can do consecutive hours due to work or health when a break is essential. It is demoralising when an hour is missed because you are not able to move...it can affect your motivation. So to choose for example 12 hours in a certain period would make better sense.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Deedeebobs, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow non-consecutive hours in the Hourly Movement goal. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Sunny66
First Steps
Rather than meeting a step goal every consecutive hour for the designated time frame, we should have the option to meet it for a specific number of hours in the day. Users will still have the opportunity to meet an hourly movement goal even if one hour in the middle of the day is inactive.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sunny66, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow non-consecutive hours in the Hourly Movement goal. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Knnthrdrgs
First Steps
Why do I not have the flexibility to achieve my daily hourly goal of 250+ steps within the time that I am awake? Why do I necessarily have to achieve this daily target in 10 consecutive hours only? My set 10 consecutive hours are 1000-1900hrs but I exercise at 0730-0900hrs or sometimes in the evenings 1800-1930
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Knnthrdrgs, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing non-consecutive hours in activity goal feature. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

large4nana
Recovery Runner

Hello everyone.  I would like to.see the step hours changed to hours not consecutive hours.  When we travel we can't always get our hourly steps in.  If we miss an hour say the 2 pm time slot, I would like to be able to pick it up at the end of the day.  We try to do 12 hours/time slots.  12 hours is 12 hours if it's straight or broke up.  I love seeing solid colors on all my goals.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @large4nana - you can already change the end hour for a day to catch up the total for the day, and put it back at the start of the next day, as long as you don't exceed 14 hours.

However the graph will still show a missing hour if you missed one.

The graph works on a weekly basis for a range of hours, so if you change the range of move hours for one day then all days shown will be for the new move hours.

What you are possibly looking for is being able to select which hours are included, again this would be fine for a day perhaps but as the graph shows for the week, it would still show the excluded hours as missing reaching 250 steps.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @large4nana, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

saintkeith
Stepping Up
Hourly activity setting needs to be customizable to allow for hours when it’s not possible to get up and walk around (eg meetings, concerts, theaters). Something like activity 8 out of 10 hours in the day, or 10 out of 12 hours. Whatever the user wants.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @saintkeith, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize your hourly movement goal. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

schustz
Jogger
I’m not suggesting doing double in one time slot. Sometimes during the day, people have meetings or appointments that prevent them from getting 250 steps. If you make it non consecutive, then someone could begin earlier or do it later during an hour pass the time they set up. I have mine set for 11 hours. I want to be able to do during any 11 hours
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.