Allow to adjust font size on Luxe display

Although the clock screen is big and clear, the important stats (why we purchased the Fitbit to begin with) is microscopic.
Allow an option to increase font size or even rotate stats, like steps, horizontally so it can be easily read while moving.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

70 Comments
Gaddy
Recovery Runner

People are pissed over this. Why not make this easy adjustment?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gaddy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adjusting font size on Luxe display. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Somnesis
Recovery Runner

Luxe just got updated to 20001.171.50. Font is still completely uselessly huge. It would be really great if Fitbit actually acknowledges this as an actual problem. I bought a useful device. It’s been “updated” since then to be useless. It’s completely comical that nothing on the screen is visible at all because not a single word fits on the screen. You’d think “this has got to be a joke”. But no. Fitbit thinks it’s actually usable design, and does not even acknowledge the problem.

Gaddy
Recovery Runner

@Somnesis @You may be in a minority here. Most people are upset because font is too small. Either way I think we both agree it should be adjustable. 

question though - when was it updated? Mine is still tiny?

Ellen21
First Steps
It is sad that this continues to be an issue. I know for myself, I have purchased my last Fitbit product. When my Luxe dies, which I figure to be within the next couple of months judging on the lives of all of my other Fitbits, I will not replace it with another Fitbit product. I have been a loyal customer for years, I am done.

Sent from my iPhone
jlchisl432
Stepping Up

Font size for stats is a huge issue for me. As mentioned in the initial post -- PEMusic -- the primary reason for purchasing this fitbit is to track my steps, distance, calories burned, etc. The inability to read this information clearly and precisely is more than a minor annoyance. As the entire world is shifting to an aging population, it's absolutely astonishing that developers did not take more time to consider these features for this important demographic audience ... totally biased opinion from an aging senior.

Ellen21
First Steps
Totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone
LuLu1156
First Steps

As there is another suggestion to allow decreasing the font size (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-to-decrease-font-size-on-Luxe/idc-p/513154...), I think allowing the user the ability to adjust their own device's display is the suggestion in demand. Would that need a new suggestion thread? As it stands, seems like this current thread is getting more votes than others. 

LuLu1156
First Steps

To clarify - when I say "display" in my last comment, I mean font size for this specific suggestion. I just upgraded my Inspire 2 to a Luxe and thought the display looked off. It wasn't until I read some more about it in these threads and realized there was an update to font size that I realized it didn't always looked this way. Hoping for an option to change it! 

PEMusic
Jogger
Decrease the font size???
Lol.
That’s laughable.
Decrease it to what? Small enough so your steps can only be read with an electron microscope?
Please…
Gaddy
Recovery Runner

Newly enraged at this topic as I've come to discover other issues wrong with the Luxe. 

At first I thought, "I'll let it go... move on". While it's infuriating that Fitbit continues to ignore the font size issue, I thought, "I'll just keep it anyway. Annoying to have to use the app, but at least I can have the beautiful Gorjana bracelet". 

NOPE!

Has anyone read the review for the Gorjana bracelet that they still sell and accept money for? This thing should have been recalled a year ago! Reviews like, "Lost my new Luxe because of this awful band" and "pops off arm often" and "bracelet comes off 1 or 2 times per day". I'm talking thousands of reviews here! Fitbit simply doesn't care and continues to sell it. Criminal. 

Then I thought, "ok ok, 'll get the gold mesh bracelet. Not as cute, but still gold jewelry". NOPE! 1000 more reviews like...."Mesh band is a sick joke" and "DOES NOT NOT NOT STAY ON!" and "Beware" and "clasp sticks to anything metal...cabinets, chairs...etc"

What is wrong with this company? 

But wait there's more!

I put on my extra strength reading glasses the other day to look at messages on my Lux. NOPE! After tapping "read new messages" my only option is to "clear" them. I kid you not. Yes I know I'm old enough to have reading glasses... but I know how to use technology. I'm in IT. There is no way to read my Whatsap messages. It buzzes all day, but only allows me to delete new messages not actually read them. 

And...

I've noticed that its not as responsive when I flip my wrist to see the time. I have to smack it now, when I used to only have to flick a wrist. My husband has the same issue with his Charge. Both under 6 months old. He says it's like they are slowly dying.

SMDH 

PEMusic
Jogger
Agree all the way.
And, like you, we lost our watch because of the crappy band snap. Just fell right off.
I don’t understand why they released this thing.
Awful design too to bottom.
Ellen21
First Steps
Must be people are having old Fitbits quit on them and they are sadly buying another Fitbit style. There have been multiple posts recently about the same old problems. I too am deeply aggravated with Fitbit not making a product that is user friendly.

Everyone needs to continue to complain until the company listens or looses business. Whichever happens first.

I wish Nike still had their Fuel Band. That is what I started with and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone
Gaddy
Recovery Runner

Now - It's not even syncing to the ap. The ap that, I was relying on to see the stats (since they are too small to see on the tracker).

It's going back. 

Ccollins310
Recovery Runner
It is unfortunate that Fitbit doesn’t seem to take our input.
I will check out Garmin next time.
Fitbit just doesn’t seem to care.

Sent from my iPad
Ellen21
First Steps
It is very unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone
estreetgirl
First Steps
I asked customer services and they said write on here. I had an Alta HR which was great but in the end could not be read outdoors as so dull. I bought the closest in size, the Luxe. It has the tiniest battery and steps indicators that I cannot read it. The time is fine but the only other features I need I cannot actually see.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @estreetgirl, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to increase the font size of the Luxe display with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

estreetgirl
First Steps

I loved my Alta HR but it got old so bought the Luxe. I cannot read the steps or the battery. They are important features and need their own screen, rather than all the extra unnecessary stuff!

Ellen21
First Steps
I agree. It seems like their improvements are being made by nonusers. They will eventually improve their way out of the market if they aren’t careful.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.